Best way to run grid so 1 output is dry guitar?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Would like to be able to set the outputs for wet dry setup in regards to setup in virtual grid. Would like to reach back and adjust the wet/dry ratio basically.

Just split off your input 1 with a parallel line that goes through the amp/cab and then splits off again. Route that to a different output.

If you mean dry guitar as in directly from the input jack, the I/O menu has options on Outputs 3 and 4 to copy the signal directly from Input 1.

If you mean dry guitar as in directly from the input jack, the I/O menu has options on Outputs 3 and 4 to copy the signal directly from Input 1.
Not direct input....I want to either have one knob have more dry amp or a knob I can blend the effects to dry amp ratio.

You can:
  1. Have the mix knobs on all your affects attached to the same modifier which is fed by an expression pedal or something. You can also customize the slopes of each as you'd like.
  2. You can have your signal split after the amp/cab block into two parallel lines, and have all you effects on one of them. From there you can
    1. Have one line go to Output 1 and one line go to Output 2
    2. or have both those lines go into a mixer block where you can control the level of the wet path either by hand or with modifier.

Personally, I'd do it with PERFORM PAGE controls mapped to a mixer as described above.

If not that, I'd do it roughly like this, where Out 1 is the dry and Out 2 is the wet. I've chosen to mix effects in parallel because of the challenges of having a wet-only series mix.

Axe-Edit III 2020-11-12 09-16-38.png

Back
Top Bottom