Best way to modify overall EQ = Global EQ per patch?

sl33py

Hi,

I searched but wasn't sure if I used the best terms for the question... I've got some nice sounds through my headphones, but through my less than ideal monitors things are a tad boomy. Other than replacing my monitors (later), is the best way to add an EQ block to every patch and have that linked to a global EQ setting? Or is there an even *more* over-arching way to do it without having to add an extra block to everything? I've never used global patches, so not sure if that's the right tree to bark up for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!

Outputs 1 and 2 both have an EQ; look in global on the front panel

Hi,

I searched but wasn't sure if I used the best terms for the question... I've got some nice sounds through my headphones, but through my less than ideal monitors things are a tad boomy. Other than replacing my monitors (later), is the best way to add an EQ block to every patch and have that linked to a global EQ setting? Or is there an even *more* over-arching way to do it without having to add an extra block to everything? I've never used global patches, so not sure if that's the right tree to bark up for this purpose.

Thanks in advance!

A global assigned EQ in each patch is a good trick when you create groups of patches like all cleans are global1, all crunch are global2, all solos are global 3, because you have fast access to these groups whenever the man from the mixing console tells you, that your cleans are not loud enough or your solos are boomy or alike. So yes, a good way.
Besides that you could use the eqs in the output menu for an overall EQing.

Blackmore guitar, thanks! What's the equivalent in AxeEdit? I'm an AE kinda guy :) Also, this seems like you need to dial up/down each item individually when you need it, rather than just flick an on/off button when changing environments. Am I missing something?

Isn't the Globle eq for all patches? And not a per-patch eq?

Yeah, the one in the global menu of the front panel seems to be, I was originally referring to global blocks which ii thought was the only way (but now know better). Keen to know if there's a way to store and enable/disable a preset (even one) in the global menu though

What's the equivalent in AxeEdit? I'm an AE kinda guy :)

Only on the Hardware.

Also, this seems like you need to dial up/down each item individually when you need it, rather than just flick an on/off button when changing environments. Am I missing something?

It's global EQ (one for each output) and you can't turn in On/Off

Damn.

To whoever works on AE: I think it would be really useful for AE to include the ability to edit the global EQ settings for each output. And it would also be very helpful for those who have (say) a non-ideal environment, to be able to switch on the 'terrible venue' or 'cheap monitor' EQ setting with just a button press, rather than having to dial up/down each slider individually. Could we please have that? :) The old Boss GT units had this kind of thing, which could be turned on/off at will. Was very useful!

+1 The best for me would be something like 10 user presets for each global eq, editable from AxeEdit. Please Mr Genious !

Presets for the Global EQ's would be very very welcome. I play with studio monitors, floor monitors, Matrix amp and Marshall cabs, home, rehearsal, studio and stage. Every situation needs a slightly different EQ, plus, doing it from the front panel gets old quick.

I like the idea of a few Global EQ slots as well.
5 would be good for me. 1 for practice space, 2 for dive bar w/low end minotaurs, 3 for medium grade bar/monitors, 4 nice venue, 5 outdoor/open air stages.
Although I could get by with 2 presets, which we sort of already have with Global 1 and 2.

Damn.

To whoever works on AE: I think it would be really useful for AE to include the ability to edit the global EQ settings for each output. And it would also be very helpful for those who have (say) a non-ideal environment, to be able to switch on the 'terrible venue' or 'cheap monitor' EQ setting with just a button press

Great ideas; perhaps put them in the wish list section.

Back
Top Bottom