Best way to go about setting this up...

jiggajewjay

Inspired
Hey there! For a few reasons i wanted to start experimenting with using 2 amp sims and 2 different cabs in one preset. Mostly for creative sound design options as well as for my general Axe knowledge.I am looking for a super vintage Plexi'ish tone that is super wide and nice and growly. I find that this is best acheived double tracking and of course I will still do that. However I felt that to add even more dynamics and tones into each guitar take, having 2 amps and 2 cabs in a preset would be a great sound design tool for thickening and widening the sound. i know i can simply place an amp and cab and any FX on the grid and i guess pan the cabinets... is there a way to set this up very effectively so that i can get the best out of both am/cab when summed together?

just looking for a quick walk thru on how to set everything up. including the way you do wet/dry on your effects. the whole Mute FX in and whatnot confuses the heck out of me... i have My Axe for 5+ years and i am still a noob... so if anyone decides to post a message to me with assistance, please keep that in mind. thank you a ton - love the Fractal Folk :) loving Q7 epecially with the new OwnHammer/Fractal Greenbacks cabs....hit me back please!

Look up the Haas delay.

And on a note that's somewhat outside your request...this is a great time to do the research and figure out how to do this yourself. There's really no substitute for double tracking...it just works. IMO you are better off making sure that you have one cab and one amp and get that right. More is NOT necessarily better unless you are looking for a slightly different tone that another amp/cab brings you. The Haas effect will help, as with the Enhancer. Read up on both of those, and experiment. Look up the mix of FX, and experiment again with it. A tip might be that you can dial up Delay mix, but I tend to have to add a bit of output to have the same amount of relative volume.

It's very tough for anyone to make a judgment on what's a 'Super Growly and nice and wide'... Everyone's definition is different, so I would say play the sound in your head. Use the saturation if you need more gain, use the volume knob, even dial back Master volume (heresy!). The Plexis are GREAT at 'dig in, and you get gain', lightly pick, and nice sparkly clean...it's dynamic all by it's lonesome.

It's time...just pick one of your 'what I want' things, and look through the Wiki, the 1000's of tutorials out there, and when you get stuck, ask a question. But if you get stuck with something going wrong in the middle of a gig, you should KNOW how your preset is set up, not have it built by someone and have no clue.

IMO.
R

Back
Top Bottom