Best way to control "2 amps" ?

tnjazz

ok I know there are many ways to skin this cat, but can anyone tell me the best way to use the FX8 to switch between amp inputs?

I have a 2 channel amp that does NOT channel switch, so I have 2 separate sets of inputs on it. I'd rather not add an ABY if I can help it so how can I set up the FX8 to switch between channels easily without having to resort to panning all my effects one way or the other?

Is there some kind of global L/R block I could use and perhaps set the parameters on the XY to go from channel 1 to channel 2 and vice versa? Or is there a better way?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Need to know what amp and model.

Bad Cat Black Cat 30R.

No channel switching or fx loop.

I can run out of the L and R outputs to the 12AX7 channel and the EF86 channel and I get both, and if I use the pan in the noise gate and go hard left or right it gives me the channels individually. I don't see a way to assign that to a scene or anything though. An XY option on the noise gate would do it if there was one...I think. Wish list maybe?

You should be able to do this with the relays. Go to FX8 manual and look up relay section. Looks like there is a jack in the back for switching.
I am sure someone with this amp will chime in. I would revise title to say "Bad Cat Black Cat 30R "

Last edited:
The amp's channels ARE switchable using a simple one-button footswitch, connected via TS cable, like those available from a local guitar shop. The FX8 relays are compatible with both TS and TRS cables so you should be able to switch the amp just fine by running a standard TS cable from the amp's rear footswitch jack to one of the FX8 relay jacks, and using the FX8's relay functions to switch channels. Check the FX8 manual page 19 for more details.

P.S. I called Bad Cat and asked if it used a simple footswitch and John in their tech support confirmed it does. Should work fine.

Back
Top Bottom