Best way to connect Music Man Majesty with piezzos...

doha1696

Inspired
I've connected my Majesty on rear inputs to use it with a stereo cable but I've read here that the front input has more gain... So what is the best way to connect the Majesty ? I want to keep acoustic sounds coming from piezzo and electric sounds coming from the Di Marzios different and still use the stereo cable.

There's a slight tonal difference between the front and rear inputs. That being said, it won't show in a live situation. Use which ever inputs are easier for you to reach.

I agree with warlock. If you are in a critical recording situation where sonic quality and performance are critical to memorializing your playing, the front input is arguably a better sound. For live performance, not so much. The audience will likely never hear the difference.

Is it possible to connect one jack in the front input and the other one (piezzos) in the rear input ?

Is it possible to connect one jack in the front input and the other one (piezzos) in the rear input ?
Yes. You can use, for example, the front jack for your magnetic pickups and the right rear jack for your piezo pickup.

Your piezo is most likely going through your guitar's built-in preamp, so the fixed impedance of the rear jacks won't affect it.

mags into the front input, piezo into input 1 right, round the back. make sure input 1 is set to "stereo" and input 1 left is set to "front"

then use a volume block to select which input to use in the patch, by choosing "left" or "right" from the input select parameter

you can use both if you use two volume blocks and create two lines - one for the mags and one for the piezo - in your patch

mags into the front input, piezo into input 1 right, round the back. make sure input 1 is set to "stereo" and input 1 left is set to "front"

then use a volume block to select which input to use in the patch, by choosing "left" or "right" from the input select parameter

you can use both if you use two volume blocks and create two lines - one for the mags and one for the piezo - in your patch
If I understand what you're saying, it means you can keep the guitar switch in the middle position (Mag + piezzos) and then program your patches to use one or the other or both of them > no more need to move the guitar switch when you're playing to select mags or piezzos ?

I tested what you proposed but I missed something I guess... Because when everything is on "left", I should only hear the mags pickups and I still hear a little the piezzos...

do you hear the piezos going into the amp that the mags are using?
do you see the piezos making the left meter move on the front of the axe, when the mags are turned down?
did you follow the instructions exactly??
works absolutely 100% for me and has done for years, so you either did it wrong, your cable is crap, or the switch in the guitar isn't separating the signals properly

Back
Top Bottom