Best way to clear out/delete a patch/preset?

Jimmytwotimes

Experienced
Just wondering if theres something I'm missing or an easier way. So, I just want to take a patch I've been working on and totally delete everything about it and start from scratch. Up to this point, in axe edit, I have been going to "preset" then "clear preset". Then I go back to "preset" and hit "initialize preset" . Sometimes even after I do this there is residual settings left behind from the preset I'm trying to delete. Is there another way to just totally clear everything out so I can start from scratch?

Axe edit clear preset make sure it clears then save.
That should clear it off and keep it off.

...and if you include a name change to a single space, you will have a nice clean preset list in AxeEdit. :)

Last edited:
You could also overwrite it with one of the factory presets named Bypass. That's what I do to mark presets as free space.

I think I know what Jimmy is talking about regarding residual settings. If you clear the preset and then let's say you select an amp again, the settings in it will be like in the preset before initializing. That's not a 100% clean start. Is there a way to set everything to the defaults? Right, Jimmy?

I think I know what Jimmy is talking about regarding residual settings. If you clear the preset and then let's say you select an amp again, the settings in it will be like in the preset before initializing. That's not a 100% clean start. Is there a way to set everything to the defaults? Right, Jimmy?

yes ! that's exactly what I'm talking about.

I've played with it a few hours now and came to a conclusion that "clear preset" does the job when starting all over again if you reset every block you've selected aftewards. This is really a quick way to do it. Check only preset input and output if there where any changes made there.

One thing crossed my mind. The simplest way is, as Black Bitch mentioned, to select the Bypass preset and then to preconfigure it with an amp and a cab block, save it via Axe Edit as a template and just load it whenever you want to rewrite a preset with a clean start.

You could also overwrite it with one of the factory presets named Bypass. That's what I do to mark presets as free space.

Can anyone post that bypass preset here? I don't use the factory presets.

I think it is strange that it remembers the settings of the previously used blocks when you clear or delete a preset. Doesn't make sense to me. If you delete a preset you want to start totally blank with all newly added blocks in default state. Why does it remember the settings?

This works to completely clear:

1. Recall the preset you want to clear.
2. Exit AxeEdit.
3. Front panel: Power off.
4. Front panel: While pressing and holding Recall, Power On.
5. Launch AxeEdit

This works to completely clear:

1. Recall the preset you want to clear.
2. Exit AxeEdit.
3. Front panel: Power off.
4. Front panel: While pressing and holding Recall, Power On.
5. Launch AxeEdit

ok, thanks. Seems like a very elaborate way to clear a preset though.
Think I prefer the Bypass preset if someone can post it. Although that is elaborate too.

ok, thanks. Seems like a very elaborate way to clear a preset though.
Think I prefer the Bypass preset if someone can post it. Although that is elaborate too.

A blank preset is subject to firmware changes when it is loaded in a new firmware.

The procedure I quoted always works in any firmware.

Back
Top Bottom