Best Wah pedal for Axe...

yes i mean the Boss FV-500 pedal, its 88 euro and mission is 149 euro. big difference

It may have something to do with country of origin and the subsequent import taxes/duties/tariffs/shipping/etc.

I know here in the US, there's not that much difference. Maybe 10% in favor of the Boss. They're both very nice units, so you really can't go wrong either way. It really comes down to a matter of comfort/aesthetics more than anything else, I think.

Thought so
thumbsup.gif

I've owned the FV-500 pedal. Solid pedal, but takes a lot of pedal-board real estate. Also, a number of features that I'd never use, using it just as a simple expression pedal.

I'm using two, unswitched ME pedals. One spring-loaded, one friction-block configured. I agree with the comments about spring-load being a very cool aspect to a pedal with the auto-bypass feature of effect blocks within presets on the Axe-Fx. Extremely useful and convenient!

The latency of the auto-bypass/engage is adjustable within the Axe-Fx. I set mine to "fast." Works for me.

Also, my experience has been that connecting the TRS cable from the pedal directly to the Axe-Fx *does* make a difference in improving the responsiveness of the pedal's movements. As opposed to connecting a pedal to my Gordius LG2, and having CC messages sent to the Axe-Fx for interpretation. I don't know if the analog input of the pedal goes through the internal MIDI engine of the Axe-Fx, or it uses a more direct method of using the input's voltage sweeps in controlling an effect block. Anyway, it seems like the latter...

I too experienced the issue of the Mission pedal loosening and plan to replace it with the Boss. Fortunately, I can still tighten mine. Its quite frustrating that the pedal "falls" while I'm playing and auto-engages the wah.

I have 2 FV500 I want an EP-1 that's spring loaded for wah. I had a spring loaded crybaby and loved it just go for it and walk away
I can see if its your only pedal not to get the spring loaded the fv500's are great pedals but there's something about the spring loaded for the wah. They do have 4 jacks on the back of the mfc. NOW I have to get a spring loaded EP-1

I just got and SP1 and 2 EP1's. The SP1 is awesome and I have always used cry baby's so I really needed to toe switch. I got one EP1 with the spring load which is awesome for me using it as a Whammy Pedal. I do love the feel of the spring loaded EP1 but am so use to real wah pedals after 20 year, I needed that toe switch. If you like the feel of instant on like a Morley is definitely get a spring loaded EP1.

Mission Engineering with the spring load option for me is a no-brainer for the Axe-FX. It works perfectly with the Axe-FX's amazing wahs.

Last edited:
Does anyone know of a spring kit/mod for the FV500 that would be the Bomb!

Nope no one has created such a mod. I had 3 missions and one was spring loaded. I ditched them for 3 boss pedals. I modded one of my boss pedals with a toe switch. It works great and I have 0 issue at all (in my real wah days I owned both auto engage and traditional wahs). If someone made a spring load mod I would try it but the toe switch is working great on the boss.

I use the FV-500 also, but only because I had them left over from my G System days. They are built like tanks and they work well with the Axe. If I was doing it over, I'd probably try the Mission pedals since everyone here loves them and they seem to be the kind of company I like to support. Getting support from Roland would be impossible unless you are a known artist, but you really don't need support for the FV500.

Nope no one has created such a mod. I had 3 missions and one was spring loaded. I ditched them for 3 boss pedals. I modded one of my boss pedals with a toe switch. It works great and I have 0 issue at all (in my real wah days I owned both auto engage and traditional wahs). If someone made a spring load mod I would try it but the toe switch is working great on the boss.

brokenvail, can you provide a source for the parts you used to add the switch? I'd like to do that to one of mine.

Back
Top Bottom