Best Wah pedal for Axe...

I use the EP-1 with the spring load option. Works great! When I step on it, it engages the wah and when it's back to 0, it's off. They are built really well and they are great people to deal with.

Visit the Katsu Kuri Media website by forum member Chris. There is an excellent demo of how to use and setup the SP-1 and EP-1 pedals. It should answer all of your questions. I have both of these pedals and normally use the EP-1 for wah. If I had to do it again, I would consider two SP-1 pedals as they are a bit more versatile. However the auto-engage setup on the EP-1 is cool. It depends on your style and preferences.

I use the SP-2 as it gives me two access points (from one pedal) into the Axe. I don't have the auto-engage spring set up, as I use the pedals to control all sorts of effects. Great quality pedal and really bright LEDs.

I've owned 3 of the ME pedals. Two of them broke down on me. I tried two Boss pedals and haven't had any trouble. Not knocking ME, just giving another option.

I use the EP-1 with the spring load option. Works great! When I step on it, it engages the wah and when it's back to 0, it's off. They are built really well and they are great people to deal with.

does this work without an audible latency!?
i had some real wahs that work that way but they all had a bad latency when giong from off to engaged

does this work without an audible latency!?
i had some real wahs that work that way but they all had a bad latency when giong from off to engaged

I use autoengage a lot (although, not with a spring loaded expression pedal - I like the option of being able to use the pedal for other things beside wah). It engages immediately. You set the amount of time (and the position eg., heel down, toe up and % near those positions) in which it disengages. I do a lot of stuff that switches from wah to no wah (fast) and have no problems.

+1 I absolutely love the spring load option! I didn't know what I was missing until I tried my friends tremonti wah, which is spring loaded and I was hooked. I also have an Sp1 without the spring, which is great too, but for wah the Ep1 with spring is king.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I've been told the Mission Engineering pedal is the best. I hit their site... there are several options. What is the best choice for the Axe?

Multi-Use Expression Pedals Archives | missionengineering.commissionengineering.com

I've been using the Mission SP2 and really like what it does, unfortunately it keeps falling apart,(keeps getting very loose, can't tighten it anymore) going to get rid of it and go with a BOSS which I had used before for many years without any problems.

I've been told the Mission Engineering pedal is the best. I hit their site... there are several options. What is the best choice for the Axe?

They make a very high-quality unit that can take a great deal of abuse. With the Axe FX, you don't really need the switched version, so the EP-1 vs. the SP-1 is probably a better choice, and it costs less. The spring return is handy for wah or pitch bend, but it's not something you can remove/install easily on your own. So, if you find you have a need the spring gets in the way of, you're sorta outa luck. I have examples of all those variations, and find I don't need the switch at all (auto-engage is very effective), and the spring limits what the pedal is good for. For instance, a common use is for a continuous controller is as a volume or phase shift speed control, and the spring return wrecks them for that.

The auto-engage feature in the Axe Fx is really nice. You can adjust when/where it engages, and how fast, so pedal operation is essentially transparent. No more stomping the pedal to make sure the switch makes, then ending up at an extreme control position. When you wanna wank, you just start using it. When you stop, the effect goes away. Very handy. Nothing to think about or adjust for.

Hi all,

When looking at mission vs Boss there is a price difference of like 40% in favour of the Boss pedal. Is the mission pedal worth that much more money?

Nick

Hi all,

When looking at mission vs Boss there is a price difference of like 40% in favour of the Boss pedal. Is the mission pedal worth that much more money?

Nick

You must have found a killer deal on a used Boss pedal? You are talking about the FV 500 and not the FV 50 right? I love the FV 500. I went from 3 mission pedals to 3 FV 500 and do not regret it at all.

Back
Top Bottom