Best videos showing Axe-Fx II tones?

Dpoirier

Fractal Fanatic
A friend is curious about the possibility of getting a used XL and wanted to see good quality videos that showcase its tone capabilities. He lives too far for me to simply let him play around with mine.

What's your best suggestion?

+ 1 on Brit Floyd for sure!

Earlier YT vids from Mark Day, Cooper Carter, Fremen, AustinBuddy would spring to mind .... but I'm sure there's a lot more. Do a search for Fractal Audio or AxeFX 2, Axe FX II etc on YouTube and quite a few should come up. The XL and AxeFX II of whatever 'Mark' are all basically the same tone wise.

Depends on the style he likes. If your friend has some external pedals (which an axe fx works brilliantly with) and likes clean tones, he may enjoy this:

02.20 for the start of the sound.

Metal - Djent:

Esan Imani

Gary Moore:

Brit Floyd:

The last Anderson Wakeman Rabin tour had some great tones with Trevor using Axefxs for his entire rig

My best and very honest suggestion is that videos are no way to evaluate an Axe-Fx. YouTube audio sounds terrible.

What's your best suggestion?

Go to a Metallica, Dream Theater, Rush, Def Leppard, Keith Urban, Maroon 5 concert. Probably the easiest way to say "yeah, I think a used XL can help my tones".

;)

Agree with @Admin M@ M@-man is that YouTube is a tough representation for "convincing" due to SO MANY VARIABLES...

Best way is to seriously hear it live, or maybe Fractal can post some warmup videos of some bands leveraging the FOH tones?

Back
Top Bottom