Best Use of ABCD front panel dials

Ant Music

Fractal Fanatic
Ok guys I do the vast majority of my editing using Axe Edit as I'm sure most of you do. When the Axe Fx2 was first unveiled I was stoked to see that it had the ABCD dials but sadly they seem to have gone almost completely untouched for as long as I've had the unit (years now). Am I missing out on something? Is there a novel or useful way that some folks are using them?

I imagine that, for the sake of editing that the ABCD dials would have lent themselves to a more intuitive work flow during editing if they were positioned under the screen inline with the actual parameters they are effecting rather than on the other end of the front panel. Of course they wouldn't fit there as it is but maybe that could be a design consideration for future models?

Anyway I'd love to hear how people are getting them to work for them?

Not found any use for them accept for 'A' to select scenes when editing -
I guess it would be good to have them set for
'A' Bass
'B' Middle
'C' Treble
'D' presence
But if this could be done I don't know how, can it be done?

Agree w Simeon. They need global option. I've wish-posted that a few times.

Last edited:
Ok guys I do the vast majority of my editing using Axe Edit as I'm sure most of you do. When the Axe Fx2 was first unveiled I was stoked to see that it had the ABCD dials but sadly they seem to have gone almost completely untouched for as long as I've had the unit (years now). Am I missing out on something? Is there a novel or useful way that some folks are using them?

I imagine that, for the sake of editing that the ABCD dials would have lent themselves to a more intuitive work flow during editing if they were positioned under the screen inline with the actual parameters they are effecting rather than on the other end of the front panel. Of course they wouldn't fit there as it is but maybe that could be a design consideration for future models?

Anyway I'd love to hear how people are getting them to work for them?

I've mentioned many times that they should implement these for on the fly "whatever"....like Bass, Treble, Presence, Volume, etc.....my cry, as well as many others have been ignored. Never have we even heard "that's not possible". Instead...nothing....

I've mentioned many times that they should implement these for on the fly "whatever"....like Bass, Treble, Presence, Volume, etc.....my cry, as well as many others have been ignored. Never have we even heard "that's not possible". Instead...nothing....

You only need to press X or Y to Quick Jump to the Amp. Then the assignments are:
Value Wheel = Input Drive
A = Input Trim
B = Bass
C = Mid
D = Treble

Hmmmm.... I'm surprised that this hasn't been addressed by now. It seems it is a popular enough request. I kinda figured that something would have been done to better appropriate the ABCD knobs, (rather than them being mostly ununsed) and that I'd missed it because I haven't updated for ages (still on Quantum 4).

There are a couple of factory presets you should check out:

ABCD=ms,FB,mod.Ext1=Warp

W@rped Vinyl (ABCD)

Maybe we should get Kirk Hammett to suggest it or another big name artist....seems that is who can get Fractal to hear suggestions these days. Yes I'm a little sarcastic.....but truth is that a lot of great suggestions go without even a response that that can't be done. MFC101 and the ABCD knobs are my vote for most pressing and things that could really make things fun for us again!

For myself the current front panel configuration of the manual crontrols discourages their use. Axe Edit is the solution for this problem. However, I would prefer as many rotary/push controllers with their own little OLED displays as possible, say 24. As far as front panel screens go I think Axe Edit once again solves the problem, we just need continual refreshing so that any adjustment with the manual controls are reflected in Axe Edit and vice versa. The problem is the cost of all that hardware.

They arent obligated to respond. The fact that they are active on the forum is already above the call of duty.

Maybe we should get Kirk Hammett to suggest it or another big name artist....seems that is who can get Fractal to hear suggestions these days. Yes I'm a little sarcastic.....but truth is that a lot of great suggestions go without even a response that that can't be done. MFC101 and the ABCD knobs are my vote for most pressing and things that could really make things fun for us again!

Why aren't you just become another big name artist, then they will do all your requests. :)

Back
Top Bottom