Best Use for Tone Matched Patches.

SlugAlex

I have never used the Tone Match feature on my Axe Fx, and was wondering what those tones are best used for? I was thinking that if you match a tone that already has been EQ'd, compressed, etc to fit a certain mix, would there be any use in using that exact same tone for my own songs, seeing my overall mix will more than likely be different. Do people mostly use them to cover songs of bands they like? I was just wondering what you guys use them for, and how easy it is to fit them into your own mix.
Thank you in advance for the reply's!

Covers, rip-offs, folks who want to nail their own recorded tones not done on the axe and people who are crap at dialling in their own tones :p

What peeps have achieved tone matching acoustic guitars with piezo pups sound amazing, i tone matched a BTBAM and Black sabbath song, and yeah i suppose its slightly easier to mix

Covers, rip-offs, folks who want to nail their own recorded tones not done on the axe and people who are crap at dialling in their own tones :p

What peeps have achieved tone matching acoustic guitars with piezo pups sound amazing, i tone matched a BTBAM and Black sabbath song, and yeah i suppose its slightly easier to mix

lol thank you for the fast answer! so it DOES work well in your own mixes?! Might have to give this a try!

Very useful for people who have access to a specific real amp they are really pleased or impressed with and want a precise copy of the sound captured/modeled for later use.

Very useful for people who have access to a specific real amp they are really pleased or impressed with and want a precise copy of the sound captured/modeled for later use.
Also had not thought of that! Is there any specific place people go to get stems or multitracks for tone matching?

You can also use the tone match graph as a way to improve your own eq skills. some times I make a match to look at the graph, adjust eq and shoot again and see if I got closer to the source. I have not used any distorted tone matches live though, just for goofing around.

You can also use the tone match graph as a way to improve your own eq skills. some times I make a match to look at the graph, adjust eq and shoot again and see if I got closer to the source. I have not used any distorted tone matches live though, just for goofing around.
It does make for a great learning tool! what has stopped you from using it live?

Let's say someone composes a tone using a real cab and a mic for a record.
Then the guitarist can copy this tone with his axe fx and record stuff himself without going to the studio...

Back
Top Bottom