Best-Tronics now offering cables specifically designed for Fractal Audio Products

Another type of cable you might want to put in the Axe Fx category is 2' or so 1/4" TRS with right-angled plugs for connecting footswitches to the MFC. Those cables aren't very easy to source. I went 3 places yesterday, including Guitar Center and the biggest sound installation/PA store and none had them premade.

Mike

+1 on cables with right angles on them... TS and TRS alike. They should offer It as an option on every cable that has a 1/4" Phone jack on it.

Another type of cable you might want to put in the Axe Fx category is 2' or so 1/4" TRS with right-angled plugs for connecting footswitches to the MFC. Those cables aren't very easy to source. I went 3 places yesterday, including Guitar Center and the biggest sound installation/PA store and none had them premade.

Mike

I ordered these through the aforementioned Best-Tronics, and they were made to my specifications. You only need to let them know what type and length you want. Side note: they ask for length in feet, so if you want, say, 18 inches, you specify 1.5 feet. I can't remember my exact dimensions, but I even ordered something like 19 inches on one cable, so I called it (1 + 7/12) feet = 1.583 feet. They came out right. Not cheap, but right.

+1 on cables with right angles on them... TS and TRS alike. They should offer It as an option on every cable that has a 1/4" Phone jack on it.
Hi Mike,

We are new to the forum and just saw the post - so our apologies for being late on this but we thought it would be worth it to post anyways. Everything we do is custom made to order - therefore we can put right angled cables and combinations of rights and straights, etc. on any cable we make.

Thank You!

Yesterday (September 2, 2014) I spent nearly two hours at Best-Tronics in Tinley Park, Illinois. The place is everything it claims to be - and much, much more! The people are very professional and easy to work with. It was worth every minute of the 6 hours driving time to and from my home in south central Wisconsin to personally meet some of the staff, I had a great discussion. Hopefully there will be a reason to make another visit in the near future.

Maybe next time, I'll take a different route to avoid over $25 in tolls booths! Illinois really digs deep into the pocket books of the drivers on major highways!!

EBay - I found plenty there.

I thought I came up with something new but it looks like Best-Tronics has a version of what I've devised which is break-away dongle for the front input. I'm not sure if it will flex through the rack handle though. Here is what I'm talking about.

We can definitely do what you are looking for... However, your better bet would be getting an interface panel for your rack. You can mount it to the front of your rack (if you have space) or the rear. This will protect all of the jacks of the equipment living in your rig, plus it features more secure and locking connections. You would then route the cable whip from the panel to your Fractal's front input. Here are a few pictures of what I am talking about.

frf-l.jpg
rigdemorear.jpg

I highly recommend getting cables from BTPA. I just got a humbuster cable from them. Workmanship is excellent. I will be placing more orders in the future.

I see some rack length hum buster cables there, which are what i desire, but none of the cables list their respective length except for the usb 2.0 a/b.And no way to get straight/straight for plug ends.

I see some rack length hum buster cables there, which are what i desire, but none of the cables list their respective length except for the usb 2.0 a/b.And no way to get straight/straight for plug ends.

Dynagod, all of our cables are custom built-to-order. The USB 2.0 A/B cable is something that we just purchase and re-sell (we can't build commodity cables that cheap). Therefore you go to the product page and enter the length you'd like in feet to the designated box. Then hit add to cart and the price will be updated with the cables added to your cart.

We do offer humbuster cables in straight to straight as well - http://btpa.com/FAS05-XX.html
If you are looking for the small diameter cable to be used with straight to straight - shoot us an email. We would be more than happy to make this for you!

As an update for those of you looking to control your amp's functions via your FX8 - we are regularly adding cables to our Footswitch section that do this. There are various amplifiers out there with various footswitch jacks/wiring - therefore if you are unsure as to the cable's functionality with your setup - please contact us first. In addition, if you do not see something that you are looking for - feel free to contact us!

http://btpa.com/Footswitch-Cables/

We are currently running a sale for 10% off all of the items listed within the Fractal Audio category of our website. All custom panel and loom inquiries will feature a 10% discount as well. All standard items need to use the coupon code FAS17 for the 10% to be applied.

The sale ends 11/9/17 at 11:59 PM CST.

https://btpa.com/Fractal-Audio/

WEEK7-HMBANNER.jpg

I do not fully understand.

While I understand "recommended for their high quality" etc.

Do each product need to have things that are "specifically designed and tested for".

I do not fully understand.

While I understand "recommended for their high quality" etc.

Do each product need to have things that are "specifically designed and tested for".
The answer is both yes and no. For instance, our EtherCON cables are tactical and specifically made and tested for live applications, built to last. We have specific cables made per Fractal Audio Systems as well - i.e. 7 Pin to 5 Pin MIDI cables or a 7 Pin to 5 Pin MIDI cable with a 2.1mm/2.5mm DC jumper cable for phantom powering other footswitches. We also offer quality humbuster cables.

Our instrument, standard MIDI, etc. aren't made specifically for Fractal systems - however they are trusted by various major touring artists, and many others that need reliable and durable cabling to hold up night in and night out.

..these guys have always made quality, dependable gear....and how many companies have their home in a town Immortalized in a song by legendary Chicagoland radio nut Steve Dahl.....

Back
Top Bottom