Best Tele for the $$$

Fender Deluxe Nashville. Went with the White Blonde finish. I hopped on the list for the Ultra Luxe but they're saying October/November. Got it for $900 and was able to get a hard-shell, instead of gig bag, for free. Sound-wise, the Bassman/Verbs i could barely get along with (EVO's/Blackouts/etc) but now they sound glorious with these Noiseless pickups. I know its' pretty obvious, but dang...you gotta try it.
The white blonde is the one I'd go for too.

Set the truss road - strings were lifted at the 12th
adjust the saddle - lower depth you lose meat so had to center in the middle
volume pot lost the crackle - assumed it was dust but still needs replaced (hate having a mostly useless volume because its so meaningful and expressive with how the Axe III reacts to input)

Fun guitar and VERY easy to play. Low action on the lower frets worried me after the truss adjustment (figured worst case scenario, get a higher nut) but it's fine! Still sparkly bright with no issues or fret buzz.

Best comparison i can think of is similar to that of some of my Schecters. 1k range for price. After playing, you feel like you got your money's worth, if not more. It's not a custom shop but it's definitely not a shitter. A thousand bucks aint anything to sneeze at, but I'm really happy with it. Still have the Luxe waiting list ;) because...why not.

Have you played one? Curious about those pickups, not everyone loves the Fluences.
I have played one and spent a lot of time with the pickups as my buddy had them in his american tele. They sound great and so versatile. Only spent a small amount of the with the reverend guitar but it felt great.

Reverend Greg Koch signature. Roasted maple necks, noiseless fishman pickups with two different voicings.
The electric blue on that looks amazing from the pics. Hopefully its not another filter that makes it look richer in color than in real life.

Hey Budda
what about the 75th gold silver one
seems to have more modern neck
and tuning stability but 50s voiced classic pickups
I'm honestly not a fan of the pickups. They're very dull with next to no twang and brightness. I plan to swap them out soon but I just don't with what exactly. Decent guitar for the money though and it looks cool & everyone knows that's what's most important. Playability schmability, who needs it.tempImagerYUOLg.jpg

I'm honestly not a fan of the pickups. They're very dull with next to no twang and brightness. I plan to swap them out soon but I just don't with what exactly. Decent guitar for the money though and it looks cool & everyone knows that's what's most important. Playability schmability, who needs it.View attachment 85746
Mine arrived a few days ago and i actually like it , its funny because i find it can get really bright and twangy played it through the
bassguy, Lone star, Top Boost
Carr , Badcat and it did the thing I wanted it for
my PRS which is great for rock but the cleans are a bit darker and duller , i am sure a 2000 American classic would sound better but
i wanted this for a specific purpose and it works for that
changing pickups would be pretty
easy too but for me its just another color to paint with and a fun departure from the PRS

Mine arrived a few days ago and i actually like it , its funny because i find it can get really bright and twangy played it through the
bassguy, Lone star, Top Boost
Carr , Badcat and it did the thing I wanted it for
my PRS which is great for rock but the cleans are a bit darker and duller , i am sure a 2000 American classic would sound better but
i wanted this for a specific purpose and it works for that
changing pickups would be pretty
easy too but for me its just another color to paint with and a fun departure from the PRS
The coincidence/irony is unreal as this Tele is actually my first time branching away from PRS believe it or not lol. Don't get me wrong, I like the Tele for sure. I'm just currently not feeling the sound I'm getting from these specific pickups. Who knows, maybe my ears will adjust and grow to like the these pickups before I decide on something else to throw in it.

Attachments

• E0A13AE9-8380-475A-A933-189F32A40BBE.JPEG
    E0A13AE9-8380-475A-A933-189F32A40BBE.JPEG
    2.2 MB · Views: 9
I have a Bill Nash Tele that I picked up about 15 years ago. Still one of my nicest guitars. Has Fralin pups. Best snap - best sounding Tele I have heard in a long time. Price was exactly where you are, and just a fantastic guitar. They are all over the place now - just search for Bill Nash Tele's. Mine is a copy of a 52 Nocaster, and is relic'd beautifully. Everyone who comes into my studio skips over my PRS, my Suhr, my gorgeous 335, and all my much more expensive guitars, and picks up that Nash tele first. Nice guitars.

I have a Bill Nash Tele that I picked up about 15 years ago. Still one of my nicest guitars. Has Fralin pups. Best snap - best sounding Tele I have heard in a long time. Price was exactly where you are, and just a fantastic guitar. They are all over the place now - just search for Bill Nash Tele's. Mine is a copy of a 52 Nocaster, and is relic'd beautifully. Everyone who comes into my studio skips over my PRS, my Suhr, my gorgeous 335, and all my much more expensive guitars, and picks up that Nash tele first. Nice guitars.
I thought Nash's big deal was just relic'ing stuff, not that they were amazing guitars outside of that. I was wrong I guess...

The performer Tele is quite nice, and is made in the US. I got mine a couple of years ago for CAD 1499 from L&M, but I believe the price went up a bit since then? The Player Teles also seem well made, and they are just shy of 1k. Like the 75th anniversary MIM!
Also, second the 50s vibe squire butterscotch, which is a pretty good instrument with lots of Tele spank.

Just to throw another one into the mix - and I have one of these - check out the Levinson Blade Delta T-series.

The one I have is this one - the T3 Pro - in Candy Apple Red, like the one being played in the video at the bottom of the page in my link. Plays like an absolute dream, sounds fabulous, and also has their active circuitry for VSC (Variable Spectrum Control) that can be switched in or out. Adds hugely to the versatility. Beautifully built and finished. I also have one of their RH4 Anniversary Strat-type guitars - superb instrument.

https://www.bladeguitars.com/product/t3-pro/

Just to throw another one into the mix - and I have one of these - check out the Levinson Blade Delta T-series.

The one I have is this one - the T3 Pro - in Candy Apple Red, like the one being played in the video at the bottom of the page in my link. Plays like an absolute dream, sounds fabulous, and also has their active circuitry for VSC (Variable Spectrum Control) that can be switched in or out. Adds hugely to the versatility. Beautifully built and finished. I also have one of their RH4 Anniversary Strat-type guitars - superb instrument.

https://www.bladeguitars.com/product/t3-pro/
Where did you buy yours? All I see on that site is distributor links, and all I see on the US distributor's site is them saying how good they are at selling "your company's" stuff in various countries.

Where did you buy yours? All I see on that site is distributor links, and all I see on the US distributor's site is them saying how good they are at selling "your company's" stuff in various countries.
Got mine from a local guitar shop here in Brisbane, Australia - they were dealers of Levinson Blades. Try Googling "Levinson Blade distributor" for your area - may get lucky. I got the RH-4 Anniversary model direct from the Aussie importer. I should add, perhaps, in the vein of this thread, that I also have other Teles, from Fender, Squier, Suhr, etc - but this Blade is my favourite Tele. Here are my two Levinson Blades:

IMG_1437.png

Last edited:
I thought Nash's big deal was just relic'ing stuff, not that they were amazing guitars outside of that. I was wrong I guess...
Terrible relic job more often than not. Nash use great high end pickups so usually sound pretty good. doesn't make up for the rest though. In fairness you occasionally find one that looks ok .
look at this abomination;
images.jpeg
Necks just do not go like this. I love a GOOD relic but these are embarrassing.

If you have the chance, also check out the Tele style Godin - Canadian Guitar. Quality is right up there with US made Fenders, fantastic guitars!

Back
Top Bottom