Best Tele for the $$$

Randalljax

Axe-Master
Hey Guys
mainly a rock player but like to dabble in some modern country and spanky clean tones
there are so many choices and i dont want to spend a fortune like
1500 CAD what would you guys recommend The player , performer ?? not against the made in Mexico
either way just want a decent solid guitar that leans itself more to
keith urban , Andy wood than
Metalllica thanks

Hey Guys
mainly a rock player but like to dabble in some modern country and spanky clean tones
there are so many choices and i dont want to spend a fortune like
1500 CAD what would you guys recommend The player , performer ?? not against the made in Mexico
either way just want a decent solid guitar that leans itself more to
keith urban , Andy wood than
Metalllica thanks

Player series are great - put a wtb for $650 and someone will bite. G&L tribute series also get glowing recommendations. At $1500 my money goes to the fender american pro lineup.

I like the American Standards from the 90s for all-around Tele sounds, and more accurate intonation than the bridges that share saddles with two strings. I’m not a Tele player primarily, but did keep my early 90s Am Std because it’s such a great guitar when the Tele mood strikes. They can be found reasonably priced on the used market.

Player series are great - put a wtb for $650 and someone will bite. G&L tribute series also get glowing recommendations. At $1500 my money goes to the fender american pro lineup.
Hey Budda
what about the 75th gold silver one
seems to have more modern neck
and tuning stability but 50s voiced classic pickups

The ASAT looks really nice, you can find them on Reverb for not much $. This is probably the next guitar I'm going to buy.

Also considering a Nashville Tele (or ASAT Classic S) for the extra pickup combinations, of course would have to mod the Nashville to get neck+bridge...

The ASAT looks really nice, you can find them on Reverb for not much $. This is probably the next guitar I'm going to buy.

Also considering a Nashville Tele (or ASAT Classic S) for the extra pickup combinations, of course would have to mod the Nashville to get neck+bridge...
I would be intrested in the Kotzen model but its a bit more $$$
and many have returned of the neck is apparently an oar
from my understanding the more modern ones has 6 piece bridge
better intonation, slimmer neck
flatter radiius, the Vintera much bigger necks more classic tones and more noisy pickups

Hey Budda
what about the 75th gold silver one
seems to have more modern neck
and tuning stability but 50s voiced classic pickups

Im not too familiar with that one. Pickups are an easy swap, and theres a canadian winder whos about $150 for a set to your spec.

You may be able to find a brad paisley sig too, those arent bad.

Two mexi's for $1500 too ;)

I have a MIM tele that plays great.. In my quest to grab a decent tele, I also played some MIM's that were not so great. If you can find a good one, a MIM tele can punch above it's weight. The trick is to look around locally and try before you buy.

I agree with Rick above. Older Tele American Standards (with 6 saddles) are killers ................You can find them from fairly cheap these days.
Great neck, great intonation and playability................

I would be intrested in the Kotzen model but its a bit more $$$
and many have returned of the neck is apparently an oar
from my understanding the more modern ones has 6 piece bridge
better intonation, slimmer neck
flatter radiius, the Vintera much bigger necks more classic tones and more noisy pickups

I had a Kotzen for a couple of years, and it does have a massive neck. Never felt a
Tele like that before. Great guitar, and I sometimes miss it, but I am more of a
Rosewood fretboard guy and struggle with anything that has a Maple board.

The new Jason Isbell Sig Tele is around $1500 US. $1500 is a lot for a MIM
Tele, but by all accounts the reviews have been great on it.

thanks for all the great replies
i am seriously considering the 75th
silver/ gold one in all the clips clean dirt it has a great sparkle and twang
apparently based on the player
6 saddles lighter weight but the 50s based pickups sounds like it would
do Keith Urban , Rascall Flats to the stones and back to 50s rock

The new Jason Isbell Sig Tele is around $1500 US. $1500 is a lot for a MIM
Tele, but by all accounts the reviews have been great on it.
I like that one a lot too but in CAD its pushing about 2000 i think
and really this is more just for songwriting and to get the best out of the Axe Fender , DRZ /13
type models

Back
Top Bottom