Best studio monitors for the Axe FX?

Sidius

Hi i'm using a pair of ADAM A7X's for recording. What monitors do you guys use for recording with the Axe? and in your experience what sounds better to you? has anyone tried more than one?

would be interesting to know!

I tried 15 pairs. Ended with Yamaha HS80. Would like SE Egg or Event Opal, but to much money right now. Bought 2 Suhrs, one Yamaha SG1802, MM Luke III, AXII+MFC and HK monitors at the same time as the HS80. My wife had a gun ready for me, if i`d went for some highend monitors now. Next year.

The A7X sounded good too.

I ended up with Dynaudio BM6 MKII and I am very happy with them.
Was looking at BM5 first but BM6 was much better!
Tried lot`s of stuff in that pricerange and the Dynaudio`s outperformed everything for me.

I tried 15 pairs. Ended with Yamaha HS80. Would like SE Egg or Event Opal, but to much money right now. Bought 2 Suhrs, one Yamaha SG1802, MM Luke III, AXII+MFC and HK monitors at the same time as the HS80. My wife had a gun ready for me, if i`d went for some highend monitors now. Next year.

The A7X sounded good too.

+1 on the HS80's. Great sounding for the price range. I tried KRK V8's etc., M-Audio BX5a's, NS-10's. These monitors got very ear fatiguing, very quickly for me other than the NS-10's. The HS80's very easy to listen... and at great lengths of time too. Can't afford to look in a higher price bracket right now. But I am very pleased and more than content with the Yamaha's.

Best studio monitors

Genelecs. Work with them almost every day, have them at home too, all good. If you don't want them for some reason, Dynaudio BM6A's are very good too. I've tried most brands of speaker during the years, and nothing has convinced me to give up the Gene yet.

The best studio monitors would require you to finance your house.. sorry I'm just nitpicking the semantics of the thread title :) that being said, Dynaudios are grand.

Got myself a good deal on a used pair of Dynaudio BM5A last year and have been more than happy with them.

I've tried and worked with lots and lots of studio monitors, I like the sE the EGG and the Dynaudio offerings.
The one I'd love to try is the Barefoot MM27....

I am VERY happy with the Event 20/20 BAS. As the name says: BIG ASS SOUND. Even at low volumes they sound really great. Very rarely I feel the need to play my Lonestar at home as FW 7 and these monitors really do the job for me....

I use Rokit KRK RP5G2, seems it sounds pretty well with my Axe after some tweaking and balancing. My friend suggested me to switch to Roland CM30, it seems pretty good deal though, unfortunately I've already bought pair of Rokit, so I'll continue to use that. Otherwise, I still can use the power amp section for Axe FX II

Back
Top Bottom