Best speaker for AX8?

smegolas

Inspired
I’ve been trying to buy an Atomic CLR but they have been out of stock for at least 6 months and I suspect have been discontinued even though the company is blaming their Chinese manufacturer. I’m mean, why not just get a different manufacturer if you’re serious about this product?

Anyways, I’m tired of waiting so am wondering what other similar optins there are that forum members are using?

Thanks!

the best speaker? probably the Meyer Sound MJF-212. they're about $4500 or so used. no idea how much new.

that's the best one.

I first had my mind set on the CLR as well, but as it was stocked out decided to get a Yamaha DXR10 just while waiting. Turns out I'm quite happy with it, so I kind of forgot about the CLR and got a second DXR10 instead. I think the consensus is on the CLRs as far as pure sound quality is concerned, but I find the Yamaha's are not bad at all, and the easier portability is important since I have to carry my own stuff..

The Friedman ASC-12 is really nice. However, I have been using the Headrush 12 lately. For the price, it is a solid cab/speaker that sounds good and is loud.

RCF NX12 sma is great alternative to the CLR, Supposably Full compass has a pretty good deal on them but you need to call.

Yamaha DXR10 sounds very good IMHO.

I've only tested it against the JBL EON 610 (they're much cheaper now, although expensive when they first hit the market). It sounds very nice too. I have the Yamaha at home and the JBL at the rehearsal room.

Yamaha DXR10 sounds very good IMHO.

I've only tested it against the JBL EON 610 (they're much cheaper now, although expensive when they first hit the market). It sounds very nice too. I have the Yamaha at home and the JBL at the rehearsal room.
I agree. I love my DXR 10's. Pretty much you can buy 2 for the price of one of the higher end. So, depends on your siyuation for sure.

I’ve been trying to buy an Atomic CLR but they have been out of stock for at least 6 months and I suspect have been discontinued even though the company is blaming their Chinese manufacturer. I’m mean, why not just get a different manufacturer if you’re serious about this product?

Anyways, I’m tired of waiting so am wondering what other similar optins there are that forum members are using?

Thanks!

Please send me an email at the address below. I'd be more than happy to discuss your needs and come up with a solution to meet them.

Thanks,

Mick

The Friedman ASC-12 is really nice. However, I have been using the Headrush 12 lately. For the price, it is a solid cab/speaker that sounds good and is loud.

Brand-new to owning an AX8 and the amp modeling world. Walked into Guitar Center today to look at speakers and the guy there tried to talk me into the headrush. Any other info you could share? Thank you

What other info do you need?

Affordable 1x12 FRFR. Takes XLR or 1/4 cables. Gets loud. Sounds good. Translates the IR really well.

Yes, you can spend big $$$ and get subjective advice (like this) on other FRFRs but for your stage sound, in conjunction with a FOH feed, you can't go wrong.

For different FRFRs it depends on how much you are willing to spend and how long you want to keep chasing that elusive tone beast.

Back
Top Bottom