Best Shoes for Long Gigs

Buy shoes or boots a half size too big and put in some nice thick cushy gel insoles. Makes a world of difference. It's like standing on one of those anti-fatigue floor mats wherever you go.

Redback or Blundstones. James Hetfield wears the Redbacks alot.
Those Red backs are cool but I don’t like wearing boots haha. I’m thinking about getting low to ground Ecco sneaks and using my inserts as padding. As opposed to getting shoes with a lot of support I always feel those hurt after awhile

Everyone in our band (except the drummer) has a thick padded kitchen fatigue mat behind our mic stands. We're all old enough that we go for comfort more than coolness. 👍
the audience does not see it any ways, they will never know!

Having tried several different types of shoes over the years (I am not brand loyal and will wear whatever) I have to say the most comfy shoes around for me (having several different types over the years) have been skechers, crocs, ecco and khombu

All different styles here, but I don't know what style you're going for.

Assuming you are going for replacements for the Nikes, try skechers, they are probably the best (and most comfortable) drop in replacement
Looking into Ecco now and what exactly makes them more comfortable then other shoes? They have some nice looking sneaks

Looking into Ecco now and what exactly makes them more comfortable then other shoes? They have some nice looking sneaks
I guess it's a combination of the materials used, the arch and the cushioning.....I'm no expert but I know a good comfy shoe, and they fit this category

I recognize this is a pretty subjective question, but I'm curious as to what kind of shoes you guys wear for those long live performances. There ought to be a more comfortable shoe for long-term wear that is also fashionable.

Last edited:
Why limit yourself to what was available in the '50s? The newer boots are more pointier and more preciser. :laughing:
6a0120a5bed840970c014e88cb1e41970d-600wi

Dali Moustache boots?

Bought some on your recommendation - I like them, and only use them for shows.
Got some Skechers Go Walk Evolution Ultras last year. Mainly got them for walking, but ended up using them for gigs also. Very light weight. Literally feels like you're walking with bags of jumbo marshmallows tied to your feet.

Back
Top Bottom