Best Shoes for Long Gigs

Jipps0525

Power User
I know this is highly subjective but just curious what kind of shoes you all use for those long live gigs? I typically wear either converse or Nike running shoes but they both kind of hurt after awhile. There's gotta be a better shoe for comfort for extended use that is still fashionable out there...

I usually play in a plain black pair of New Balance walking shoes with extra padded insoles. At the end of a 3 or 4 hour show, my feet still hurt, though. (Probably not as much as my back though. But then again I'm old, lol.)

The cowboy boots with pointed toe from the 50's for precise switch selection on your pedalboard. Alternatively the Crocks :tearsofjoy:
Why limit yourself to what was available in the '50s? The newer boots are more pointier and more preciser. :laughing:
6a0120a5bed840970c014e88cb1e41970d-600wi

Converse only! They don't hurt my feet and the best thing, they're slim so you won't accidentally hit two switches instead of the one you're aiming for. There was a time when I still used amps I kept an old pair in the open back of a Fender amp (aren't they great for stashing stuff), just in case I forgot to change shoes.

Having tried several different types of shoes over the years (I am not brand loyal and will wear whatever) I have to say the most comfy shoes around for me (having several different types over the years) have been skechers, crocs, ecco and khombu

All different styles here, but I don't know what style you're going for.

Assuming you are going for replacements for the Nikes, try skechers, they are probably the best (and most comfortable) drop in replacement

I know this is highly subjective but just curious what kind of shoes you all use for those long live gigs? I typically wear either converse or Nike running shoes but they both kind of hurt after awhile. There's gotta be a better shoe for comfort for extended use that is still fashionable out there...
If you are referring to Converse Chuck Taylor style high tops, I don't think those things have any real padding or arch support... No wonder your feet hurt.

I'll second the New Balance opinion... I have really wide feet and they make wide shoes (4E) readily available.

I think wear whatever works for your feet in normal life.

I have a thin pair on insoles inside my Cowboy boots (NOT roach killers, but regular tip NOT ropers either). Several years ago, my feet started hurting (I was on my feet 10+ hours a day), I switched to wearing Dansco shoes. They made the pain go away. I can now wear Merrill boots, New Balance tennis shoes and Vans (once in a while) without any issues. I miss being able to wear Vans all day everyday, but old age only beats the alternative.

There are some podiatrists who suggest all the comfy memory foam for our feet
that we have access to is actually undermining our own two feet. All that cushion
and seeming softness and comfort also equals decreased stability and the foot
can have an increased tendency to supinate or pronate and exacerbate issues all
up and down the leg from feet to hips.

There are some podiatrists who suggest all the comfy memory foam for our feet
that we have access to is actually undermining our own two feet. All that cushion
and seeming softness and comfort also equals decreased stability and the foot
can have an increased tendency to supinate or pronate and exacerbate issues all
up and down the leg from feet to hips.

Many say barefoot is best for the feet, back and legs, I have some runner friends that have adopted this for running, and their feet are much stronger and their back pain has gone away.
I play with New Balance walking shoes.

I have had a lot of four hour nights and found some decent walking shoes helped. They're nothing fancy to see, just generic brown but they helped my feet feel better. Then again, I'm from the generation(s) when we went barefoot most of the time and I'm not against taking my shoes off when playing.

Just don't wear anything with a hard heel, especially a raised heel. They'll kill your calves and feet.

Back
Top Bottom