Best Shoes for Long Gigs

Around here you will see a lot of surgeons in either cowboy boots or danskos. The latter not very fashionable. The key is an elevated heel. Shortens the Achilles and reduces the stretch on the plantar fascia.

If we're being serious, I have deep love for my HOKA Speedgoats. And also my Blundstones.
I’m a nurse and I tried on some Hokas at a running store. Ultimately settled on the ASICS Gel-4000 which is their model for a stability shoe it seems. I have low arches and over pronate when I walk. BUT since I found a shoe that works better for my foot during work, I think I can sacrifice a bit for fashion during shows. Well see. Maybe instead of getting more comfy shoes for gigs, fractal can make the next unit designs to be more comfy for our feet somehow? Just a suggestion. 😅😂😅😂🏌️‍♂️

4-5 nights a week here. Chucks with insoles work for me. But, I think the most important thing about long gigs while standing is posture, and movement and trying to distribute your weight evenly between both feet instead of resting on one leg. Aka, the rock n roll power stance.

Back
Top Bottom