Best settings for recording setup AX8, Audient ID22 and Logic Pro X

JWS

Hi recording pros,

I need some advice for the best settings to record my AX with Audient ID22 and Logic pro X.

Up to now I have used the FX send (levels up to 100%) of AX 8 and went to RET 1 of the Audient.

Any tips for improving my settings? Im not that deep into knowing the technical stuff either of my AX8 or Audient ID22.

Thanks for your time and efforts in advance.

Greetings from Bavaria

Look for Austin Buddy’s video on YouTube about gain staging. He also has a new one out about properly setting up your AX8. It’s free and it gives you a great understanding about setting levels and using outputs on the AX8.

Also FWIW, You might wanna try going from output of AX8 into the input of your DAW interface instead of the effects loop. You’re not adding the guitar signal as a parallel or in series effect. You’re capturing the AX8s signal and tone

Going into the iD22’s insert return with 100% signal from the AX8 is fine; it bypasses the mic pres and is line level. You might actually like using the pres though, I would describe them as pristine yet warm.

Personally I use a cheap SDPIF copper to optical adapter ($12 on Amazon) to capture
a stereo digital feed while also capturing a split from the AX8 FX send (set to echo Input 1) into the instrument DI of the iD22 for later reamps.

Back
Top Bottom