Best Set up for Singer/Songwriter for practicing guitar and vox at same time

DFauvre

Inspired
I am a singer/songwriter. I practiced with an amp before the Axe II arrived and I could hear myself sing. Now as I am using Sennheiser HD 650s out of the Axe II to practice I can't hear myself sing anymore. I was going to get some Atomics but they are very pricey. I realized today, maybe the solution is a small mixer and a head mic. I don't want to have to sing into a mic on a stand. Any suggestions? Any other singer/songwriters using the Axe II? And last, is there a looper on the Axe II? If no, what's recommended?

I am a singer/songwriter. I practiced with an amp before the Axe II arrived and I could hear myself sing. Now as I am using Sennheiser HD 650s out of the Axe II to practice I can't hear myself sing anymore. I was going to get some Atomics but they are very pricey. I realized today, maybe the solution is a small mixer and a head mic. I don't want to have to sing into a mic on a stand. Any suggestions? Any other singer/songwriters using the Axe II? And last, is there a looper on the Axe II? If no, what's recommended?

Yes, there is a looper (more loop time if you turn off "undo" function).

You can play & sing through your AxeFx if you want:

1) Get a desktop mic stand (like a midget mic stand), or a headset mic if you prefer, and plug your mic into Input 2 (back panel)

2) Make a separate signal chain in your preset and just put a Tube preamp block and a reverb block (tweak each to taste)

3) Finally, make sure you have designated the guitar input for your guitar signal chain and your mic input (input 2) for your your mic signal chain- I can't remember if the place to go is I/O or the mixer page in the preset.

Yes, there is a looper (more loop time if you turn off "undo" function).

You can play & sing through your AxeFx if you want:

1) Get a desktop mic stand (like a midget mic stand), or a headset mic if you prefer, and plug your mic into Input 2 (back panel)

2) Make a separate signal chain in your preset and just put a Tube preamp block and a reverb block (tweak each to taste)

3) Finally, make sure you have designated the guitar input for your guitar signal chain and your mic input (input 2) for your your mic signal chain- I can't remember if the place to go is I/O or the mixer page in the preset.

Great suggestion, thank you. I had no idea the Axe II was capable of managing two inputs at once.

Back
Top Bottom