best recording software for axe2 to PC?

Mantra46

Hey guys - just looking for views on best recording software going through axe/ to PC. I see pro tools is quite popular.... 675 seems a little steep are there any cheaper alternatives or is that it?
Thanks
Matt

Plenty of options.

Cubase,
Personus Studio One
Reaper
Cakewalk

Is there a best, probably not, just different preferences. A lot of the options above have them at different price points from free upwards.

reaper if on a budget and you get lots for your money. Many offer free demos. Try as many as you can. It takes time to get the feel of what YOU like. Mostly it's what feels right to you. I use Samplitude but it's not on the popular hit list. Personally I stay away from anything that requires iLok to use and register. PIA to me. Good luck. There is plenty of info on this forum alone about this topic.

+1 For Ableton. The learning curve is very tame in comparison to other DAWs, AND if you ever move to a Mac, you can take it with you, just like most of the other DAWs. For me, the MIDI editing is the jewel in it's crown.

I went from ProTools to Reaper. Couldn't happier, Reaper is phenomenal on an absolute basis AND a value for money basis. And the demo is free... Can't possibly hurt to give it a try

I suggest the free trials as well , give them a try and see what suits you best .
I tried Cubase , Pro Tools and Ableton finaly bought Ableton 9 and I like it alot learning curve as mentioned is not as steep as others and it behaves ...
I tried Cubase and just getting the audio to function properly was a huge hassle plus I was getting nowhere just learning the basic stuff . for a noob like me the ableton tutorials videos online support ect have been very helpful .

Back
Top Bottom