Best Power Amp for Cab?

Jordi_C

Hi guys,

I'm getting soon a cab, probably the Harley Benton G212 Vintage. But looking at the power amps can't decide between the seymour duncan 170 or the Palmer Macht 402 or maybe the Harley Benton GPA-400 for its low cost, and I saw good reviews on it.

Do any of you guys have any expericence with one of them? or maybe another one?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I’ve got a Harley Benton GPA400 and I’ve been very impressed with it. I’ve used it for a number of gigs and it cuts through the mix very well . Highly recommended and relatively inexpensive

I've been using my Fractal AX8 and Powerstage 170 for over a year and love the combination. The 170 is super loud and it works great with modelers.

Agreed. It’s crazy loud and suits the AX8 well if you don’t mind giving up the power amp/cab modeling aspects of the Fractal.

I was using the SD Powerstage 170 and switched to the Fryette Powerstation, which works better for me.

Hi guys,

I'm getting soon a cab, probably the Harley Benton G212 Vintage. But looking at the power amps can't decide between the seymour duncan 170 or the Palmer Macht 402 or maybe the Harley Benton GPA-400 for its low cost, and I saw good reviews on it.

Do any of you guys have any expericence with one of them? or maybe another one?

Thanks!
Even this is from 2019 discussion I answer what I bought.
Harley Benton GPA-400, not expensive and works fine and sounds great.
Before buying I checked what other players said about GPA-400, after that it was
easy to buy one.

- Easy to use, enough power for home and also playing in conserts etc. (I'm using GPA-400 just home).
I use with Axe 3 - GPA-400 - Laney LT212 (modded for stereo usage). Sounds great.
Easy to find correct adjustment where your Axe presets sound great without you need to adjust those presets.

Back
Top Bottom