1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

best pedalboard for MFC101 and 2 expression pedals???

Discussion in 'MFC Discussion' started by tvegas99, Jun 10, 2013.

1. tvegas99

tvegas99
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    My two furman sp-8 pedalboards have finally bitten the dust, I need help on a new pedalboard for a MFC101 (no power required) and two mission expression pedals, a soft case is a necessity and the lighter the better. I did search the internet far and wide for all of the relative forum discussions but I'm still at a loss...

1- the pedaltrain pro seems like a fave, but at 32" wide, it's about 5-6 inches more than I need (sounds perverted I know) ... stage real estate can be at a premium at times in a 11 piece band, my furman is 26" and occasionally tough to fit on stage

2- the pedaltrain 3 seems like it might be a great fit but at 24" it's gotta be pretty close... seems like the mfc and two mission expression pedals take up exactly 24", does this work... has anyone had success with this model??

3- flat trash 28x16 board would be a heavier more expensive alternative (I think based on their website), but it looks sturdy, well-designed and very capable

Any help from people who have experience with the MFC and 2 or more expression pedals???

I'd love to get the pedaltrain 3 but I'm worried it's too tight of a fit, thanks in advance for any help Fractal!!!

2. rtcook

rtcook
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

Check Stompin Ground. You can have them custom make what you want.

Keg8605 likes this.
  3. #3 Narzugon, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    Narzugon

Narzugon
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

I went with the Trailer Trash Pro 28x16 and love it. My main two concerns were A: it'd be too big for just the MFC and two Mission pedals but the size below it was gonna be to tight of a fit. B: it would be to heavy.

I was really impressed when it arrived. Amazingly lite weight and the extra room really was perfect (for me). I was able to mount things the way I wanted w/o feeling cramped. I even opt'd to space me SP-1’s in a more ergonomic pattern which my large feet like.

I posted pics here:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/mfc-d...r-mfc-setups-post-your-pix-22.html#post857847

4. #4 Trailer Trash Pedalboards, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
    Trailer Trash Pedalboards

Expand Collapse
    New here

Hello all, Rooster here w/Trailer Trash Pedalboards
    TTrash will soon be releasing our new pedalboard/case combo that has been designed for MFC 101 users -
    It is an ATA case style package that is made from super light weight composite, not heavy wood.
    Our first size due out around July 1st will fit the MFC 101, 2 XPed's, and room for some stomp boxes
    This size flight case/board will weigh approx 17LBS !!! ATA approved flight case and board, 17LBS !!!
    (In the world of tour grade cases, this is considered super light)

Then we will release a smaller version that will fit the MFC 101 and (1) XPed
    Then we will release a 3rd size that will fit the MFC 101, 3 XPeds and room for some stomp boxes
    This entire product line will be made from the same lightweight stuff, as it is our goal to make the
    lightest, most durable way to travel with your MFC 101/AxeFx Rig !!!

Here is a quick look at my personal board that was the prototype for the new product.
    I have been using this rig for about 6 months now and it is awesome due to the light weight
    Stay tuned !!!
    photo-2.jpg
    photo-1.jpg

Ben Randolph, dBII, tvegas99 and 3 others like this.
  5. HughJasol

HughJasol
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Nice Rooster! The weight of my PedalTrain Pro & flight case is really starting to get to me ... yours sounds like a better alternative and I'll probably go that route when it's available - can't wait!

6. NaturalScience

NaturalScience
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

I have an NYC pedal board that is a great size for an MFC-101 and 2 Mission SP-1's, with comfortable space between them all. The case itself is relatively light and has held up great over almost 3 years of use so far.

NYC Pedalboards - NYC Cases

7. Keg8605

Keg8605
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Any idea on price?

8. Webb

Webb
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

stomplabel-Sascha likes this.
  9. Poparad

Poparad
    Expand Collapse
    Veteran

I also use the PT-2, but with four Roland EV-5's, and a Bright Onion 4-button switch for scenes 1-4. Everything fits well with just enough wiggle room to be comfortab

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. MGoBlue

MGoBlue
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hey Poparad - this might be a dumb question, but how do you pull off 4 pedals and the switch box with only 4 inputs in the back of the MFC? Do you run the switch box straight to the Axe over MIDI or something?

11. Narzugon

Narzugon
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

There's 4 expression ports and two stereo pair of ports for external switches making 8 total.

12. Trailer Trash Pedalboards

Expand Collapse
    New here

New MFC-101 Pedalboard from Trailer Trash

Ok, here are the pics for the new 26x16 - so sorry, we haven't had time to do formal artwork yet... but it's coming :eek:)

photo-2.jpg photo.jpg photo-1.jpg
    the pics w/ no pedals shows w/ no dog house mounted
    The pics w/ the finished board show w/ the 26 x 5 3/4" dog house going across the front
    We have made it so you can buy the riser kits and install yourself w/ ease
    We have a 16 x 5 3/4" & a 26 5 3/4" available ($20.00 or $25.00 each) - All holes are already there for the mounting,
    hardware is pre-installed and then they are covered w/ caps in case you only want the flat board w/ no riser

The board that you mount is mounted to the tray of the ATA case - you can remove the 4 screws from the bottom
    and remove the entire wired board within a few minutes - If you had a stomp box board wired, you could drop
    this in to the same case within a few minutes. This way, you can have more than (1) pedalboard, but only have
    to buy (1) case

The finished board in the pics = Board/ ATA Case 17LBS -
    Completely finished as seen in the pics = Board/ATA Case - MFC - 2 Ex Peds - Stomp boxes - PedalPower 4x4 etc.... 43 LBS Total !!!!

This is my personal board, so I tweaked it w/ the TTrash logos - they aren't included on a standard order for the new pedalboard, but
    the logo will go on the outside of the ATA Case !!!

Cost for the new board ?? $300.00 + shipping - plz contact us at www.trailertashpedalboards.com and plz call to order - Thx :eek:)

Sixstring and iaresee like this.
  13. runway11

runway11
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

This looks great Cost for the 3 exp pedal one?

14. hillbilly

hillbilly
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Dang. I just bought a standard FlatTrash board a month or so ago. :-(

15. j_m_s

j_m_s
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

PT2 sized board in a mono case should be good.

16. dabbler

dabbler
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

What would be cool to have is such a "dog house" (closed on the sides) with a standard 19" 1U
    panel mountable on the back side to implement all kind of connectors WITHOUT having to drill
    holes in custom plate. Also very easy for servicing then.

17. adew

adew
    Expand Collapse
    Motivated

That's a cool idea.

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

18. Michael Engel

Michael Engel
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

I recently bought the Amarhyll from EMMA Electronics. Its great quality both the board and case. Its probably inspired by pedaltrain and many reviews claim it to be better than pedaltrain. The case could be a tad higher since its a bit hard to close, but its not a big deal at all. I bought the biggest one and there is still room for 1 more expression pedal, which i find important because you never now what comes to your mind later on.
    pic1.jpg
    I really like it and can definitely recommend it.

19. tvegas99

tvegas99
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I wanted to follow up and say the Pedaltrain Pro is what I ended up buying, I'm using three expression pedals and really digging the quality of the pro!

20. dBII

dBII
    Expand Collapse
    Regular

Rooster - this looks great! I need a board like this that would be 34" x 16"... do you make 'em that big?