Best patches

My top 2 are the Austin Buddy Naked Amp pack and Freeman Metal and Rock pack. These are pretty much all I use. I will sometimes check out random presets from axe exchange but they are never as good as these 2 packs.
Also check out posts by these 2 guys and they sometimes toss up an additional free preset to the forum.
Rock on!
hi do you know if austin buddy gold pack is the same as his naked amps?

ok good ill look thanks
If you are looking to buy an AustinBuddy preset collection, then I'd recommend you get the LiveGold TonePack first (over the Naked Amps).

Live Gold is more recently made (last summer), is better organized into three banks, can be used for both gigs/live playing and recording, has 1000+ tones via 4+ main scenes per preset covering all the guitar amp models (but not bass), has single coil scenes as well as humbuckers, has some careful custom speaker cab/impedance matching, and will be updated first to Cygnus over other TonePacks (those get updated later)... plus you get an FM3 version included too (you get access to both Axe-Fx III and FM3 LiveGold versions).

Los of good choices out there, including free ones by Leon Todd and Brett Kingman (Burgs) on Axe-Change. I think Fremen and Moke do good work as do some others, but a lot can depend on your playback system and what you are listening to your sounds on (compared to those who made the preset and what they used).

are there good classic rock sounds and like country.seems all i hear are sounds that will peel the paint off the wall.

are there good classic rock sounds and like country.seems all i hear are sounds that will peel the paint off the wall.
Others can chime in but yes there are classic rock and clean sounds out there. Live Gold TonePack has a lot in banks 1 and 2.

thanks i'll check them out
There are two YouTube videos by Cooper Carter (independent of me) that walk through 250+ different Axe-Fx III amp sounds I made for the 1400+ Naked Amps awhile back. Live Gold is similarly diverse in tones like those in the video.

That will give you an idea of what's you'll get. I'll post the link to first one below... more stuff on my YouTube Channel.

Presets that are programmed for live situations and fit on many loudspeaker systems are important for every user.

My fav presets tend to be made by users. Go to Axe Change, use the search to find artist or genres you're interested in, and check if it was made for direct or live use.

i have never found anything i could gig with.i play classic rock ,southern rock country.you have any presets you would recommend to me?thanks

All the folks mentioned are great, and great inspirations, and I've learned a bunch from them all.
That said, I can't offhand think of a single preset built by someone else that sounded good out of the box, to me, with my guitar, my monitoring, and my fingers.
Probably means I have no clue about anything, but there you have it.
Teach a man to fish and all.

I have the same experience with other's presets. Cleans are generally good (just adapt FX level to taste), but the distorted and hi-gain sounds are usually the can-of-bees type, bleeding nasty high frequencies. I personally prefer rounded and mellow lead tones.

Maybe I still keep my sensitivity to high frequencies intact, despite my old age 😄

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom