Best patches

tcarnes68

Inspired
Who seems to have the best patches either free or purchased? Artist patches. I’ve bought some really good ones for my helix but just got the axe fx 3.
Thanks

My top 2 are the Austin Buddy Naked Amp pack and Freeman Metal and Rock pack. These are pretty much all I use. I will sometimes check out random presets from axe exchange but they are never as good as these 2 packs.
Also check out posts by these 2 guys and they sometimes toss up an additional free preset to the forum.
Rock on!

Austin Buddy by far - made my Axe-8 from great to holy moly. MB, Fremen, Marco, and a few others have some good ones but what may sound great through their set-up might not translate to yours (which happens to me). But at least I got a good jumping off point).

oh and of course Leon Todd. Who might be Mark Day’s alter ego. LT appears at the same time Mark goes incommunicado.

I’ve used firemen on my helix and love his stuff. I want to buy all his packs but....... don’t have the cash right now. I like Moles stuff also. As he has artist patches. Again, funds are low. I’m looking at the others mentioned too. I love Glenn DeLaunes stuff like n my helix. But he doesn’t offer the same patches for the axe fx 3. He’s got some killer artist patches for helix and hi modded amps are amazing

I’ve used firemen on my helix and love his stuff. I want to buy all his packs but....... don’t have the cash right now. I like Moles stuff also. As he has artist patches. Again, funds are low. I’m looking at the others mentioned too. I love Glenn DeLaunes stuff like n my helix. But he doesn’t offer the same patches for the axe fx 3. He’s got some killer artist patches for helix and hi modded amps are amazing
“Freman” sorry

All the folks mentioned are great, and great inspirations, and I've learned a bunch from them all.
That said, I can't offhand think of a single preset built by someone else that sounded good out of the box, to me, with my guitar, my monitoring, and my fingers.
Probably means I have no clue about anything, but there you have it.
Teach a man to fish and all.

Fremen are really good - very well balanced. Can be a bit overwhelming with so many choices, but definitely worth the money.

Also, don’t overlook the free artist presets. I pretty much use the Steve Stevens ‘Playboys’ preset and cabs as my starting point for any gain tone; the cabs are so versatile and sound incredible, and swapping another amp into the amp block has yielded some great results. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom