Best online manual for FX8 Mark II

David Beard

I'm new to this type of technology, until now being a pedal only guy. I survived the waiting list and got the FX8. I need an basic understandable tutorial that doesn't assume I have skills by magic. Anyone have a recommendation of the various tutorials around? Thanks!

I'm right there with ya David. :cool: I just got my FX8 Mk II the other day. The best educational/review videos I've found were these two on YouTube, particularly the 2nd one by Guitar Interactive.

Also, I know us guitar players don't usually like to read the owners manual(s)...But, do yourself the favor.....Check it out here on Fractal's Axe-Fx Wikipedia. http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=FX8_multi-effects_pedalboard

Other then that, just tinker with it! Download FX8 Edit, but also learn how to adjust the effects and scroll through the presets on the pedal board too. If you want to get into the finer adjustments of any effect, FX8-Edit is your friend. For the pedal board adjustments, I've been messing with it non-stop since it came to my door 2 days ago and it's not too difficult. Banks A thru L(8 presets each) are all factory presets, and it appears Banks M, N, O & P are all open for personal preset building. But, then again, every single one of them are also.

Best of luck and enjoy! It's quite the stomp box for effects.

Last edited:
I was in your shoes about a year ago and I'm one who doesn't really like to hear or use the 'read the manual' reply. However, I begrudgingly admit that the manual did more for me getting started than anything else. I could usually figure out pedals without a manual but I quickly discovered the FX8 is one piece of gear where the manual truly is your best friend and is very well laid out with excellent instructions. I have it on my computer and the one tool I used that is still invaluable to me is the CTRL+F (Find/Search) function to search the manual. Whenever get stuck, I simply type in a word or two relating to what I need and find the answer quickly 90% of the time. The rest of what I need I've found searching this forum, a lot of great tips and guidance here. I watched some of the videos but it was easier to sit with the manual and the FX8 and walk through a few things to get a feel for it. FX8 Edit is another incredibly effective tool, very intuitive and user friendly.

Thanks guys! I have looked at the manual and see that it's really well written. I was hoping for tutorials because that's a good learning method for me. The tutorials I've looked at are spotty, so far. I'll check out the links you all have posted. Thanks again!

I think I am coming up on 2yrs with mine. Comb around all the discussion areas AXE-FX, AX8 ask questions everyone is very helpful. There are a lot of discussion in FX8 section just page back in time. Check out some presets to see whats going on inside settings wise..

A couple of weeks down the road now, and I've started using the FX-EDIT almost exclusively. It's more familiar to me and I'm not gigging. Now I'm wishing for a manual for that. Much of it is self evident, but not everything. Making good progress tho since I last checked in.

Yes, the manual is great and I broke down and use it often when I get (easily!) confused. But it has very little about the FX8-EDIT. The Wiki pages help in certain areas, but not that much. There are some vids online that help for some areas, such as using delays, the synth block, and a few others. Those are quite helpful. I'm forging ahead tho, and really like the capabilities of the FX8......

Thanks again, all.

Back
Top Bottom