Best new(ish) Guitar player I've ever seen.

Yeah, have been aware of him for a few years. He is pretty impressive!
Allot of technical ability mixed in with restraint, and just plain tasty as hell.

And the fact that he is not even 20 is pretty amazing when you consider the harmonic content of many phrases. He reminds me of Guthrie Govan although a fair way behind Guthrie's musicality. But he is about 12 so he has a bit of time to work on it.

Even before clicking the thread, i was hoping u were talking about Max. Yup, he’s definitely out of this world!

This guy (born 2004) and Matteo Mancuso (born 1996) are the boys to look out for the coming years. I think both will become legends, sooner than you think.

This guy (born 2004) and Matteo Mancuso (born 1996) are the boys to look out for the coming years. I think both will become legends, sooner than you think.

I think this new generation of players kind of exist in a songless vaccuum of Internet clips and shorts
and lack in the songwriting department. Technically proficient? For sure. But back in the day you could
have chops, be innovative, and place it all in the context of a great songs and performances.

These cats just feel different to me. I can't stomach technicality void of songwriting and performance. It's
just a bunch of listen to my licks over a backing track vibe. Not my thing.

I think this new generation of players kind of exist in a songless vaccuum of Internet clips and shorts
and lack in the songwriting department. Technically proficient? For sure. But back in the day you could
have chops, be innovative, and place it all in the context of a great songs and performances.

These cats just feel different to me. I can't stomach technicality void of songwriting and performance. It's
Point taken, although both of them have released original tracks if I’m not mistaken. But again, I agree, Hendrix, Clapton, Eddie, all great songsmiths besides having monster technique.

Well as the video is an ad for the backing track I think your are a bit harsh. Yes I get the lack of a song thing here but this guy could play anything and you can easily find him playing songs on the web.
Who is your favourite new young player?

Last edited:
A lot of the older guard, came up in a time where there weren't that many people doing it, and then it gets cemented in the fans brain, and forever stays there. Many of those guys don't look forward on the tone end either, they tend to try to make something sound like something old.

Of course everything comes down to songs in the end. IMHO.

Quite a lot a garbage in that list. One or two ok but very little of note. Add pentatonic mono-tonal playing that I can find by any third rate blues player the word over. Eric had a moment in time but hasn't progressed one iota since 1967.
One man's garbage...... :)
Having said that, I own every album Jimi and Eddie ever recorded and, rounded up, exactly zero albums by slowhand....... Just sayin'.......

Back
Top Bottom