Best monitor for both guitar and bass?

i am getting ax8 soon. Fingers crossed!!! Would one of those alto ts212 's work for both a guitar and bass frfr type monitor? I would most likely use it as my own monitor then send a signal to FOH.

describe your performance usage situation. How loud will it need to be? What is your budget? Bass is much more demanding than guitar in terms of frequency and dynamic range that will expose flaws in powered full rand cabinets that otherwise sound acceptable for guitar.

Just starting to gig.... Our first is in July... I have an Ibanez sr400? 4 string and a g&l 5 string... We have a PA, I am currently playing a peavey tnt 115, and it is just fine, for what we are doing, mostly 80's metal covers... For guitar I have a couple homemade les Paul customs, (built by me from scratch) and a hyped up Kramer focus 2000, and a couple Ibanez guitars...

I'd start with a single 15" powered speaker like @rtcook recommends with the EV ELX115P, or something like it.

You have to be a bit careful with bass, and I'd recommend you extend your budget to accommodate a very solid cabinet design. The Alto cabinets are injection-molded, polypropylene enclosure, and I'm not a big fan of this construction for bass. But if you have your heart set on this Alto series, then I'd audition both the 12" and the 15" version.

I'd also recommend that you plan on eventually having 2 of these for bass if you have a typical loud stage volume, as many 80s metal bands tend to have. You get the residual benefit of having PA speakers/monitors available if there is ever a need.

Hope this helps.

I'd start with a single 15" powered speaker like @rtcook recommends with the EV ELX115P, or something like it.

You have to be a bit careful with bass, and I'd recommend you extend your budget to accommodate a very solid cabinet design. The Alto cabinets are injection-molded, polypropylene enclosure, and I'm not a big fan of this construction for bass. But if you have your heart set on this Alto series, then I'd audition both the 12" and the 15" version.

I'd also recommend that you plan on eventually having 2 of these for bass if you have a typical loud stage volume, as many 80s metal bands tend to have. You get the residual benefit of having PA speakers/monitors available if there is ever a need.

Hope this helps.

I'm actually running a pair of those EV's. They are wood construction as well. Not plastic.

Back
Top Bottom