Best monitor box

Arni61

Inspired
What is currently the best solution for a monitor box the axe fx3? Which box comes closest to the sound of a real guitar box?

What is currently the best solution for a monitor box the axe fx3? Which box comes closest to the sound of a real guitar box?
Are you talking about a FRFR cab, a real speaker cab, Monitors that connect to your computer? Regardless - if you do a search out here in the forum you will find a bunch of posts where people have shared their opinions about what they use to listen to the Axe so I'd start there - just so we don't have another long thread saying the same thing that's been said many times before.

there is no single best solution.

the right full range/flat response cabinets for your needs depends on what those needs are. are you playing live? are you playing in the studio? what’s your price range?

if you just want a guitar cabinet, use a cabinet you already like. you’ll need a power amp to go with it.

Price range? What do you actually want? Do you want to connect your Axe directly to a speaker and have it sound the same? Then you need a FRFR speaker, powered. I got a cheap one (headrush 108) but many people go for the matrix stuff. I didn't need anything fancy. If you are asking for a "guitar cab" that is a different story as that will color your sound. I really don't see the point of using a cabinet with an axe fx because then you are limited in tones, so just get an FRFR speaker.

I'll copy my post from another thread. I can't say enough good things about atomic guys.

"WOW!!! So just to paint a picture for you guys. I was using ax8 for 2 years. I tried it with headrush and it was ok for home practice. But in a full band configuration, nothing could get close to my dual rectifier. So I was using ax8 as a FX unit and midi controller for my boogie.
Well, I just got 2 CLR's to pair with my FM3, and holy shit!!!
I heard they were good, but I didn't expect this result. It sounded the same as my boogie in a band practice, some people in band said it sounds even better.
I will keep my boogie for a while, but this is just mind blowing. It sounds and have the feel of the amp, and better."

Price range? What do you actually want? Do you want to connect your Axe directly to a speaker and have it sound the same? Then you need a FRFR speaker, powered. I got a cheap one (headrush 108) but many people go for the matrix stuff. I didn't need anything fancy. If you are asking for a "guitar cab" that is a different story as that will color your sound. I really don't see the point of using a cabinet with an axe fx because then you are limited in tones, so just get an FRFR speaker.
Are you happy with the headrush? Do you use the headrush on the stage? Is the volume enough?

I have not used it on stage but I tried it out for a few min. It sounds pretty damn flat and good. It is LOUD. I have it at less than 1 on the volume knob and it can shake my room. Overall, really good for the price. Its a tiny bit boomy though but hey, $200

Back
Top Bottom