best Mission expression pedal for volume?

Chriscwt1

Inspired
Hi,

Taking delivery of my FC-12 on Monday - can't wait!!!

Just a quick question. I have ordered a Mission Engineering EP-1 BK SPL to act as a wah/whammy pedal (I like the fact that it is 'spring loaded') but was also thinking of getting a second pedal to act solely as a volume pedal. Looking at the Mission Engineering website, I don't find it terribly informative, so can anyone recommend which of the Mission Engineering pedals would be best for this?

many thanks

for wah/whammy you want a pedal with a short throw, which makes mission pedfals really good for the job. for volume/expression you'll want one with a long throw. i'd get one of the fractal ones, they're great.

Perhaps but, given that I have already ordered one ME pedal, I would probably prefer to have another one from their range, purely for the aesthetics, but the 'long throw' point is a really good one and might help me navigate their website a bit more efficiently so thanks

I'd go for either a Fractal EV-1 or EV-2 for volume. I do the same with my FC12 board. I use a Mission SP-1 for my wah and then an EV-1 for my global vol. I just prefer the feel on those for vol. The throw is in fact longer than the mission pedals so I'd check out the Fractal ones as well.

If consistency with the aesthetics is what you want, I think their Aero line has a longer throw. If not, I've heard good things about the Dunlop Volume X too.

Haven't tried it yet, but don't think it would be rocket science to shorten the "effective throw" of a Fractal pedal where required.

My personal preference is Fractal EV-xx pedals for volume, and Mission SP-xx pedals for wah. Pick whichever features matter to you to decide which pedal from either company.

Back
Top Bottom