Best method of making a preset for each amp

Adinfinitum

Experienced
Since the AX8 doesn't come with the same 383 presets as the Axe 2, I thought it would be great to set up a standard preset (with the IAs set to my typical pedal board preference of two drives, delay, verb on top and chorus, phase, flanger and Amp x/y on the bottom) and then just change the amp/cab so that I have a preset per amp. If I just change the amp will it automatically load the matching cab or do I have to manually pick a cab for each amp? Any way to do this easily?

Since the AX8 doesn't come with the same 383 presets as the Axe 2, I thought it would be great to set up a standard preset (with the IAs set to my typical pedal board preference of two drives, delay, verb on top and chorus, phase, flanger and Amp x/y on the bottom) and then just change the amp/cab so that I have a preset per amp. If I just change the amp will it automatically load the matching cab or do I have to manually pick a cab for each amp? Any way to do this easily?

No it won't select a matching cab, you'd have to select one in each preset. If you want to test a bunch of amps, it's sometimes a good idea to stick with one cab/IR that works well with everything (since it has significant influence on the tone and feel). If you want to do the "matching amp/cab" concept, I think the Wiki lists recommended IRs to start with for each amp.

Yeah, what I would do is try to stick to one cab per amp "family". So you could pick one cab for all the plexis, one cab for the Fender clean stuff. Etc. You can always tweak from that starting point, but that would simplify things quite a bit.
-
Austin

I was hoping some enterprising AX8 owner already set up a bank with amp/cab presets like someone did for the Axe. I guess that enterprising young go-getter may be me if i have time this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom