Best Live Album Of All Time

“Frampton Comes Alive” comes to mind, which isn’t surprising since it was pounded into my head as a child of way of two big-ass Pioneer “loudspeakers.”

With that said, Pink Floyd’s “Delicate Sound of Thunder.”

/thread

I literally walked out of his show in the late 80’s and I had been looking forward to it for ages. Shrill ice picky sound and every song turned into a five minutes guitar solo.

Haha! Sounds familiar. :)

I saw him 1987.

Everything awesome about a live rock show was impaled before my eyes as a sacrifice to his massive ego. At
least that is what it felt like to me.

Snarky Puppy - We Like It Here… I was floored when I found out that was a live recorded show.
I saw one of The finest live pairings of recent days last week when Puppy opened for Steely Dan!
Though not the strongest sets by either band I have witnessed ( M. Letteiri was not present), still a life-affirming experience, and the mutual appreciation between the two was an affirmation of what i had thought must be.

I remember just turning 13 and seeing the world premiere of Metallica: Live Shit Binge and Purge; Fade to Black Seattle '89 on MTV. That box set was the greatest live album, to me, at the time. Just the packaging alone was worth it. Hearing Lars' bass drum on that vid as well as Newsteds live bass tone and the last era of Het's live growls accelerated my guitar playing beyond belief.

Still have the box set in vhs, don’t know how many time I’ve seen it 🤦. These show are killer. I watched the San Diego 92 last week. That gig …

Still have the box set in vhs, don’t know how many time I’ve seen it 🤦. These show are killer. I watched the San Diego 92 last week. That gig …
The solo dual at the end of ONE is sweet, not to mention the drum swap in the middle of 4 HORSEMEN on the San Diego vid

After Kiss Alive! first caused me to really want to take up playing, Made In Europe is likely the most influential record when I was first learning the guitar thereafter. When I discovered Blackmore, and this record in particular, Deep Purple resonated with me like nothing else at the time. I was completely hooked....

I was blown away by the energy and riffage throughout this entire album. I can remember learning "Burn" on a record player (I didn't even have a cassette deck then) by picking up the needle and placing it a few seconds back to pick up the riffs/leads, etc....a manual looper if you will heh. It was a frustrating, very long and difficult process to learn the songs in that manner but I was massively inspired to plow through this entire record and get it down.

Made In Europe is a fantastic live record indeed...hard rock at it's finest IMO...

Back
Top Bottom