Best Live Album Of All Time

One of my favs! I wore out at least three cassette copies of that one. Its still my go to for Iron Maiden. I actually prefer the live versions to the album cuts.
Agreed! When I think of certain Iron Maiden solos, it's the versions from this that I go to.

I was just starting to listen to some metal at the time through a friend and his older brother. Another friend from school loaned me this cassette and it was all over from there lol

Oh hell yeah!! 11-17-70 hit before my love of his music, but I have this one on vinyl, and it's definitely one of my favorites. Saw him live when he had James Newton Howard on keys, and I can still see all the red LED lights from the darkened stage when this song started.

Here and There, Elton John, Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Last edited:
So many

ABB Fillmore East
Who Live at Leeds
Roy Buchannon Live Stock
Grateful Dead Europe 72 (among others) Skull and Roses also
Bill Frisell Trio Live (also Bill Frisell more East/West)
Scofield, Swallow Stewart En Route (I think)
Weather Report 830
Little Feat Waiting for Columbus
King Crimson (various live albums)
Bill Evans Trio at Village Vanguard

Oh hell yeah!! 11-17-70 hit before my love of his music, but I have this one on vinyl, and it's definitely one of my favorites. Saw him live when he had James Newton Howard on keys, and I can still see all the red LED lights from the darkened stage when this song started.

Here and There, Elton John, Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding

Elton was untouchable at the height of his career…

So many

ABB Fillmore East
Who Live at Leeds
Roy Buchannon Live Stock
Grateful Dead Europe 72 (among others) Skull and Roses also
Bill Frisell Trio Live (also Bill Frisell more East/West)
Scofield, Swallow Stewart En Route (I think)
Weather Report 830
Little Feat Waiting for Columbus
King Crimson (various live albums)
Bill Evans Trio at Village Vanguard
Can you imagine peter townsend’s guitar live? dam…

The video isn't loading but I'm assuming that's Live Evil from Black Sabbath?

Totally slipped my mind but that's a great one!

That was Heaven and Hell playing the song Heaven and Hell from the "Live From Radio City Music Hall" 2007 DVD

Live Evil is amazing, but the compact tone they get at the Heaven and Hell tour is brutal.

There are many unavailable videos for "copyright blocked on your country" or other reasons. It would be good if we put captions, to know what they are

Last edited:
seems I post this tune in every thread like this - cuz I looooove this tune - particularly live as I saw PG around the time of this recording - great live album:

PG83

Not a big Yngwie follower but, this one gets regular spins here - great live sound to my ear - particularly this track (guitar strummin not bad either lol!). Some live albums just capture that "being there" feeling so well - this one, like Kiss Alive 1 does that for me big time. Some fret about how it's done with post production touchups etc - personally I don't care how it's done if it sounds like this.

Yngwie - 89 - Live in Leningrad

Back
Top Bottom