Best Live Album Of All Time

Personally for me:

Queen - Live Killers
bought it 1980 as far I can remember and still listening from time to time
and saw Queen 1986 live - really still one of the best live acts I've ever seen, if not the best at all and now turning 53 in 3 months

Rainbow - On Stage

Iron Maiden - Live after Death

and some more of course...

Last edited:
Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous.....also one of my favourites....
Around that time, a lot of great live albums were released...
Rainbow - On Stage
Scorpions - Tokyo Tapes
Status Quo - Live
Ted Nugent - Double Live Gonzo
Jethro Tull - Bursting Out
Judas Priest - Unleashed In The East
UFO - Strangers In The Night
Foghat - Live
Pat Travers - Live! Go For What You Know
Queen - Live Killers
Peter Frampton - Comes Alive.....

Growing up and starting guitar in the 70s, it would be hard to argue with Frampton Comes Alive, Kiss Alive, TL’s Live and Dangerous, and Robin Trower Live for me. Rush’s All The World’s A Stage, PM’s Wings Over America, and Cheap Trick at Budokon filled radio airwaves too. Grand Funk’s Live Album was an even earlier influence. Though most all of them had studio touchups later, the live vibe was huge, and everyone from Elvis to The Who were doing them then.

In my late 70s high school there were band "factions" - though I belonged to the Rush/Van Halen/Triumph faction, I was very aware of a strong Bruce Springsteen faction at our school. They tended to excel in English Lit and Drama class, and went to paying jobs after school. Though never a huge Springsteen fan, I've delved into it a few times and really appreciate the story telling and magic of his live presence demonstrated here in this awesone / powerful live track from the 75-85 live album which is my goto for Springsteen. The guy really knows how to sing a tale - I can clearly visualize and feel the emotion of that character, living for the local weekend drag races, getting older, getting depressed, ...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom