Best "Kitchen SInk" all-in-one presets to get through most gigs? Try this....

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
Here is my Kitchen Sink patch with all globals detached. FC Layout uses 1 and 2 only. Cab block uses my favorite 3rd party party cab in user slot 1(pick your 1 fav and drop in there). Out 1 is stereo FOH, Out 2 is stereo IEM and Out 3 is stereo to my powered Xitone custom 1x12 powered monitor cab(only use 1 and not stereo). Out 2 has a touch of reverb and Enhancer for IEM. I do use 4 latching switches for extra buttons. These control Bank, Tuner, and increase/decrease amp lev. Also pedal 1 is volume and pedal 2 is wah. I have a 3rd exp pedal, but do not use yet.

Great preset IMO, that use all scenes and could be a fast option for those that are in cover bands and needs a lot of varied sounds. Just though it might me fun to share!

Enjoy and let me know!

-Scenes-
Scene 1: LEAD
Scene 2: CLEAN
Scene 3: GRIT
Scene 4: DIRT WET
Scene 5: DIRT DRY
Scene 6: PRISTINE (cab off in this)
Scene 7: SWELL CLEAN
Scene 8: SWELL DIRTY

-FC12 Layout 2 access-
Button 1: LEAD
Button 2: CLEAN
Button 3: GRIT
Button 4: DIRT WET(hold for DIRT DRT)
Button 5: PRISTINE
Button 6: SWELL CLEAN(hold for SWELL DIRT)
Button 7: Multi Delay (wash effect)
Button 8: Delay
Button 9: Pitch(hold for Rotary)
Button 10: Reverb D(hold for Reverb A)
Button 11: Drive A(hold for Drive B)
Button 12: EQ(hold for Boost)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attachments

• AXFX3 KITCHEN SINK FC12 LAYOUTS 1 & 2.fclayout
    93.7 KB · Views: 15
  • AXFX3 KITCHEN SINK FW 21.04.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I’m not near my Axe FX at the moment, but last week at band rehearsal I noticed that my Band Commander preset could get me pretty much through anything. I have some scenes that are gradual degrees of gain and then have Klon drive available for extra crunch or leads. I am finding it to be the most versatile amp.

I would like gathering of these practical presets that use all scenes and could be a fast option for those that are in cover bands and needs a lot of varied sounds. Just though it might me fun to share!
I'd grab Leon's, Cooper's, Burgs and borrow from there. I live on one preset (per pickup type) but it's not a kitchen sink preset. It's more like playing my old amp.

The main issue with kitchen sink presets is that there is no way to quickly see the list of what is in your blocks.
You have to remember that Channel A is Klon, B is whatever else, etc. Now, if I'd build a kitchen sync preset, I'd like to have two drive blocks and 8 different distortion pedals, but no way in hell I can remember what's in all channels. Now add compressors, delays, reverbs...

A proper "kitchen sync" preset is not possible without the channel content information, but you can't see it as a list even in editor apps, which is something very easy to do! I don't know why this is not implemented. That would be an insanely huge quality of life improvement but still we are not there. Even more so, the device doesn't even show the channel details when you switch to the channel!

So for my kitchen sync preset I am using scenes as descriptions for channel information instead of actually having those scenes used, and switches as channel switches (short press enable/disable, long press channel change). It's a shame really. It works for me but not a proper way at all. Still, I don't have a better advice so far. It kinda works.

You can use scenes for both options really - say, 8 scenes for 8 drives (IF you need it like this), with eight compressors, different kind of delays and reverbs for funk comp, rock chug, blues/rock/metal soloing instead of typical "scene 2 adds more gain", plus a separate switch layouts to control gapeless gain increase or EQ changes using scene controllers etc., and a single preset can be as huge in utility as those John Mayer mega-boards :)

But I don't have a good advice on how to remember how to actually use it! :))

Last edited:
The main issue with kitchen sink presets is that there is now way to quickly see the list of what is in your blocks.
You have to remember that Channel A is Klon, B is whatever else, etc. Now, if I'd build a kitchen sync preset, I'd like to have two drive blocks and 8 different distortion pedals, but no way in hell I can remember what's in all channels. Now add compressors, delays, reverbs...

A proper "kitchen sync" preset is not possible without the channel content information, but you can't see it as a list even in editor apps, which is something very easy to do! I don't know why this is not implemented. That would be an insanely huge quality of life improvement but still we are not there. Even more so, the device doesn't even show the channel details when you switch to the channel!

So for my kitchen sync preset I am using scenes as descriptions for channel information instead of actually having those scenes used, and switches as channel switches (short press enable/disable, long press channel change). It's a shame really. It works for me but not a proper way at all. Still, I don't have a better advice so far. It kinda works.

You can use scenes for both options really - say, 8 scenes for 8 drives (IF you need it like this), with eight compressors, different kind of delays and reverbs for funk comp, rock chug, blues/rock/metal soloing instead of typical "scene 2 adds more gain", plus a separate switch layouts to control gapeless gain increase or EQ changes using scene controllers etc., and a single preset can be as huge in utility as those John Mayer mega-boards :)

But I don't have a good advice on how to remember how to actually use it! :))
This depends entirely on the person and their approach.

I have many kitchen sink presets (and have had for many years). In most cases, I use the same Amp model for for an entire preset, but also could use Scene Ignore on the Amp block to "re-base" the preset.

In my case, I'm not worried about remembering which drive model or delay type is in use because I care about the SOUND, not those details. I make a lot of use of scenes for this and the scene labels reflect the sound.

I also have "global" switches for some things I want to dynamically change either for a given scene or across all scenes (via Control Switch).

My use case is to be able to cover an entire set on 1 or 2 presets. I don't need 8 amp types, or Delays or compressors for that and doubtful most others do, either.

Not much of a kitchen sink guy, but i Generally stick to one preset per gig. I’ve been playing in cover bands for awhile. Had a gig last Night and had an interesting shower thought this morning. Being in a cover band obviously requires tonally covering multiple areas. I’m not a “tone has to match the record” type guy, but I like to use a clean or lighter sound if the song calls for it, like Your Love by The Outfield. The issue I tend to have and I wonder if anyone else experiences the same, is that if I go from a hard rocking song with distortion, like Poisons Nothin But a Good Time, to something much cleaner, and try to play some leads in the cleaner tone, my brain gets confused trying to switch tonal channels if that makes sense. It’s like taking a ride in a Ferrari and then trying to drive a Ford Fusion. It’s almost like certain tones or sounds activate a certain style of playing. But to have to do it back to back to back in a cover band, it just tricks the brains and hands. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same?

I would like gathering of these practical presets that use all scenes and could be a fast option for those that are in cover bands and needs a lot of varied sounds. Just though it might me fun to share!
Cool ! Let's see whatcha got !

because I care about the SOUND, not those details
Absolutely. But I have no idea how to get that sound with the kitchen sink preset if you have no idea if the drive is TS or Tube or Precision - very different flavors :)

I guess it's a matter of what is the "kitchen sink" to a particular player. To me it is "can do it all" preset with literally tens of sound options. Many don't need or even want that, to each its own!

@Burgs I guess being on the road really helps your ear for tone !

These most recent presets are some of your best evah !
I think that's true although I'm at home now until end of January. But three months of solid stage work certainly helped inform my judgement in areas like gain needed (usually less than anticipated although moderate breakup certainly helps clean tones), bass and treble tempering... that sort of stuff. The FM9 and Axe-FX III truly have become my first 'amp' of choice for every application - stage and studio. The dozen or so tube amps I have here are being neglected and may have to be sold soon. Cheers!

I think back to when I had a real amp. A simple Fender HRD with a few pedals. It wasn't perfect, but I made it work, and that became my 'sound'. I miss those simple days sometimes, and there's no reason we can't still do that!

These days I try to imagine I'm using real gear, and it makes life a lot simpler. I love Fender amps, so it's a bandmaster or other Fender model as the platform. Then a Klon, maybe with some other drives on the other 3 channels, although I never use them. Then just build your pedal board: comp, wah, chorus, I like a trem and a rotary, and of course delay. I have a slapback, worn tape for subtle, my favourite, zephyr, for lead, and then a vintage digital for the U2 vibes. All running through LT TV Mix 7.

That covers everything from clean, to blues, even up to pretty crunchy territory if you map an exp pedal to the Klon gain. A sweep from 0 to max 5 is plenty. I find that I can fit in pretty much any song just by changing my picking feel, rolling off guitar volume and tone, and riding that Klon. Once you realise that literally nobody in a typical bar is ever going to notice your tone, or care, it's pretty liberating. They just want a good time, which will happen if you're having a good time.

I usually bring an atomica for harder crunch, and a FAS Brootalz for the rare heavy stuff that might get requested, but honestly, a klon into a bandmaster covers clean to classic rock to moderately mean, and I end up staying there most gigs.

In most cases, I use the same Amp model for for an entire preset, but also could use Scene Ignore on the Amp block to "re-base" the preset.

Could you elaborate if what you mean by this? Do you mean you have other all channels set up but that you tend to use just the one?

The more I gig the more I realise that for the music we play I don't need half as many options as I think. My kitchen sink has the option for 4 amp types, drives etc etc but I'm finding myself spending most of the night with the plexi model adding amp boost or drives to taste, volume boost and delay when needed and Plex delay if I want an ambient vibe. That gets me through 20+ songs, but always nice to have options!

Thought I posted, but guess not. Here is my Kitchen Sink. I use a 3rd party IR on everything......so pick what you like cabinet wise. These 8 Scenes get me through most of my set now.

S1: Lead - Louder, mids boosted and delay and reverb.
S2: Pristine Clean - No Cabinet and 80's Michael Landau sound direct to board
S3: Clean Edge - Can make edge of breakup with pick attack. Very responsive
S4: Grit - Breaks up nice and volume controls gain. Goto AC/DC sound
S5: Dirty Wet - Hot rodded shred and main dirty channel used. Has delay.
S6: Dirty Dry - Same as S5 but with delay off and minimal reverb
S7: Clean Wash - Clean sound with multi delay for swells and wash type sound.
S8: Dirty Wash - Same as above but dirty.

I've loaded your preset to Axe-FX III FW 21.01 All parameters of all the blocks are fully turned down
1670849710345.png1670849662110.png

1670849734452.png

Back
Top Bottom