Best Interface Card for Windows PC & AX8 - USB/Thunderbolt

axelat

Hi Guys,

after getting my new Adam A7X monitors for home use I find myself practicing with the AX8->A7X most of the time. The sound is way better than my old solution (AX8 -> FX Return of EVH Lunchbox -> Hesu 2x12)

My Current Interface Presonus Studio 68 (Usb Audio Interface on a PC with Windows 10) has a (hardware) direct monitoring option, but the monitoring is only mono. To route it in stereo I have to use a Daw and so I get some latency from the in and out buffers and I hate the feeling that comes with any latency.

So can you recommend an interface for PC/Windows 10 that allows latency free stereo hardware monitoring, support of 250Ohm headphones, with good preamps and at least two line/instrument inputs for AX8 and DI bass recording?

I would have preferred an Thunderbolt interface with overall latencies < 1ms but my PC doesn't have a thunderbolt interface and there are no PCIE thunderbold extension cards for my mainboard. (Intel CoreI8700K, MSI Z370 Tomahawk mainboard) - so I would have to change to an Asus Mainboard with an extra Thunderbolt Header that supports a Thunderbolt 3 extension card like the Asus ThunderboltEX3. Has anyone tried this?

Back
Top Bottom