Best high quality headphones for FM3?

If I am using it through USB/my DAW, I have Neutron Elements set up with a 10 band EQ to make the headphones more 'flat', otherwise they are a little bit bass-y. If playing directly from the FM3, I have an EQ block that I just turn on to do the same thing. Just remember that if you do it in your preset(s), you should turn it off before playing through an FRFR speaker/amp/etc.

Here's the EQ settings for the Audio Technics:

View attachment 77717
interesting how we perceive sounds. I tried this setting and it was super bright and thin, particularly for clean jazz tones.

Meze Audio's 99 Classics. The clarity and crispness is unbelievable. Even when listening to pre-recorded music, every instruments stands out as though having its own frequency range. Superb... and they go for about $299 USD. And some of the most comfortable... I can wear them for hours.
+1 to this. For the price these cans are awesome

Thumbs up for Audio Technica, I'm using the ATH-M50X model.
Sometimes I roll back to the AKG K240 studio for a totally different feel...
I found that a 'well-made' and balanced sound works great in headphones and monitor studio without any particular edit or EQ trick
I use the ATH phones all the time too and like them a lot. Still, when I listen through my studio monitors... everything sounds waaaay different. It's just how it is no matter what phones you have... they're right up on your ears. Same thing with amps... listening on the floor vs up high or facing it head on just sounds totally different.

Sean Meredith-Jones

Back
Top Bottom