Best high quality headphones for FM3?

I love the Audio Technic ATH-M40X. But, you will need to set your Global EQ to get a flat response, otherwise they are a little on the bass-y side. Otherwise, more costly option would be the D770 80ohm.

I love the Audio Technic ATH-M40X. But, you will need to set your Global EQ to get a flat response, otherwise they are a little on the bass-y side. Otherwise, more costly option would be the D770 80ohm.
Ty! And I was thinking about getting the Sennheiser HD 660s in the future.

Ty again sir. Mind telling me how it captures the sound with your setup and all? I really appreciate it.
If I am using it through USB/my DAW, I have Neutron Elements set up with a 10 band EQ to make the headphones more 'flat', otherwise they are a little bit bass-y. If playing directly from the FM3, I have an EQ block that I just turn on to do the same thing. Just remember that if you do it in your preset(s), you should turn it off before playing through an FRFR speaker/amp/etc.

Here's the EQ settings for the Audio Technics:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 10.18.33 AM.png

I'm also a fan of the Sennheiser HD 6xx from Drop. Similar to HD 650/660 etc at a much lower price.

The Beyer headphones are great too but note that they have a decidedly sharp treble spike where the Sennheiser is more neutral (or can be a bit laid back depending on your ears).

Thumbs up for Audio Technica, I'm using the ATH-M50X model.
Sometimes I roll back to the AKG K240 studio for a totally different feel...
I found that a 'well-made' and balanced sound works great in headphones and monitor studio without any particular edit or EQ trick

I just got a pair of the new Sennheiser HD560s ($200). I am really enjoying these thus far. They're my first pair of open back headphones, so I don't have direct experience with comparing them to other open back cans, but I definitely prefer the HD560s over my ATH-M50x. Good news: they are getting rave reviews across the interwebz. Bad news, supply seems to be limited so they might be hard to find.

Sennheiser DT770 250 Ω all the way! From my opinion, trying out many headphones in my collection, simply the best choice for guitars... and the FM3 headphone amp is beefy enough to handle the high impedance with ease.

I just picked up a set of used DT1770 not 770. They are quite a step up to my ears from the 770.

They work great with the fm3 and my axe fx. I wanted closed backs so it wouldn't bleed through if I'm recording acoustic.

Back
Top Bottom