Best hair metal tones for FM3 on Axe-Change

Fizz

Inspired
I haven't been able to find any by searching for hair metal. What are some of your favorite on Axe-Change?

I love the Cameron CCV, Atomica High and Dirty Shirley (with an 808 Boost) for a Hair metal tone. I don't use the same IRs for these amps though. I'll usually use something like a V30 for the Shirley but for the Atomica or the Cameron I like the Recto NUVO 4x12 IR. As was mentioned before, London Plate reverb for sure, I like the Stereo BBD delay for leads.

Factory preset '381 Leon's Live FM3' might not be cookie cutter hair metal, but I can play hair metal with it all day long!

Rocco Pezzin posts some good ones. Just posted a Dokken Back for the attack one yesterday! Check it out.
I looked up Rocco but couldn't find anything on Axe-Change. I think he only uses the III and I can't get it in the FM3 correctly. Was hoping to find some for the FM3

Here you go

I've seen this one and followed along and it sounded great. I was able to copy the setting to different amps with great success as well... The Soldano Preamps were my favorite amps to use with this method so far.

Leon has several great videos.. I was just curious if there were others that might have a different take on it.

Spandex and hairspray ftw. The new bludotone lead works well also
Spandex & Hairspray in factory presets.
I recently found this preset and have been enjoying it. The NOWBHM is good too on the same preset. That Brit Super is killer. I've realized my favorite amps are the Brit 800 with an OD in front, The FAS Lead 1, Peavey 6160+ Crunch Bright, Brit Super, Brit Pre, Brit AFS100 2, Brit JVM OD2 Green with OD in front and the Cameron CCB 2B with an OD in front.

I recently found this preset and have been enjoying it. The NOWBHM is good too on the same preset. That Brit Super is killer. I've realized my favorite amps are the Brit 800 with an OD in front, The FAS Lead 1, Peavey 6160+ Crunch Bright, Brit Super, Brit Pre, Brit AFS100 2, Brit JVM OD2 Green with OD in front and the Cameron CCB 2B with an OD in front.

Is all of that with you using those Celestion F12-X200 speakers?

Back
Top Bottom