Best FW10.6 Clean Amps

Andre Antunes

Inspired
Hello guys, I'm still searching for a great clean clean tone. I'm not really searching for that "fender'ish" breakup tones, I really want to hit hard the guitar will full volume and having it sound as clean as possible. I find most of them too 'sparkly', kinda hurting my ears. You are free to post settings as well, I would aprecciate that a lot.

Thank you

Shiva Clean and Basketweave 410 mix, light compression. Use use of the more "middley" mic's like the Royer 121

Andre Antunes said:
I really want to hit hard the guitar will full volume and having it sound as clean as possible.
Like Fabio said, the Shiva Clean is a very nice clean amp. What kind of pickups are you using? You could also try the USA Clean 1/2, as long as you know how the tone knobs behave on them (they are located before the preamp, thus acting like a gain knob). If you're using single coils but still want your tone to be clean and have a lot of "body", you might also give the HiPower Normal a shot.

Experiment with TUBE PRE, as well.

You can also try not having an AMP block in the chain (gasp!), and go with compressor and EQ blocks.

It's not easy to get a super clean tone for me. The usa clean works but it doesn't sound that great, the shiva clean sounds wonderful but has a bit of hair.

USA Clean 1 is great for getting a very clean balanced tone. Finding the right cab IR is as important as the amp though. I like Clark Kent's "Perfect" IR. I think I got it from Axe-Change.

JTM-45 clean is awesome. But, I love real JTM-45 clean, so it makes sense. It sounds good decreasing the xformer match. Adds more depth. That's a very powerful tool for gaining headroom.

Another thing to try might be to simply decrease the input trim value to something like 0.4 (set to taste). Personally I don't mind if I get on the edge of breakup with my cleans (based on the Twin Reverb), but with the input trim parameter I can control that it doesn't go over the limit of what I like. I suppose if you're more strict with what you allow with your input trim you can avoid breakup altogether.

IMO, the input trim *is* the key to zero breakup.

Start with almost any amp. Leave the Drive 3-4. Master at default. Lower the Input Trim until you get completely clean. Raise the amp block Level if necessary to re-balance.

Richard

Reactions: J.C
I made a Vibro King preset that is liquid. Bassy smooth with no break up at all with Strat pick ups that run a little hot.

I love it for a nice clean sound with a bit of bass oomph.

Like Fabio said, the Shiva Clean is a very nice clean amp.

This is my go to clean amp. I am still using FW5.7. Did anything change with this amp since all the updates after 5.7?
and what about the Shiva Lead amp? Did it change? that's my go to amp for drive sounds.

The new Princetone RV in 10.06 is my new favorite clean amp. It's very fat and warm especially for a Fender, I just can't get enough of it :)

See if you dig any of these patches --

1. Twin (in your face clean)
2. 65 Bassman (full body clean)
3. fender Tweed (clean to mean )

Patches are for live/club playing.
EQ amps to your guitar (if needed) -- for the tweed - only use the treble control (same as real amp)

Attachments

• Double Verb.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 65 Bassman.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Fender Tweed.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Hello guys, I'm still searching for a great clean clean tone. I'm not really searching for that "fender'ish" breakup tones, I really want to hit hard the guitar will full volume and having it sound as clean as possible. I find most of them too 'sparkly', kinda hurting my ears. You are free to post settings as well, I would aprecciate that a lot.

Thank you

I really miss a JCM 900 clean channel model. Different vibe than fenders or voxes. Used it a ton back in the POD days.

Back
Top Bottom