Best FW for AX8

I just really do not understand why we're left with all this speculation. If 10.1 was the last FW for ax8 then i'd like FAS to chime in and confirm once and for all. This has not been FAS attitude since i'm on this boat, why now?

Last edited:
I am finding AX8 really shines with the newer firmware with edge of breakup tones. AX8 does such a great job with overdriven tones the cleaner tones are overlooked. Austin Buddys last pack offered amps with great slightly driven tones. I find myself going back to my old presets and finding too much gain on them. Do your demos at stage volume and use your ears to find the best tones.

Being that the discussion on 10.01 has been closed and it seems evident the AX8 has been abandoned, is there any firmware version that hasn't had any bug report at all?
That would be the most desirable one from the reliability stand point.

Depends on who you ask. Afaik all versions had bugs, some of them occured only on a few boxes, others didn't matter to most people, some were never fixed. Check the release letters and read the bug reports forum, then choose your poison.

Depends on who you ask. Afaik all versions had bugs, some of them occured only on a few boxes, others didn't matter to most people, some were never fixed. Check the release letters and read the bug reports forum, then choose your poison.

+1

I've said it before, and even suggested opening a thread for tracking bugs (afterall, we all know the drill, the only way for FAS to iron the bugs is for people experiencing them to give them enough information on how to reproduce said bugs). Of course, I could lead by example, but as ChristThePhone said I'm on the "Never had any bug occurred to myself" camp, that doesn't mean there aren't any, but I've seen one or two forumers constantly complaining in the past about bugs yet giving absolutely zero info on them.

Afaik all versions had bugs
If so, then I guess the latest should be the best, if we accept it should be the one holding all the previous changes.

I'm running 10.0 right now and the only thing I've noticed is that sometimes when I switch a preset it sounds flat, so I switch back and forth once and it punches right again. I can't really say when or how it happens, or even on what preset. It's always happened live, and I don't have time to fiddle around.
I might try 10.01. We are not playing at all anyway these days... :/

How do I get back to 10.0?

IIRC the FW was pulled out because it had some serious bugs, therefore the thread is no longer available. But if you really want to downgrade, this page has all the FW revisions available for download. Just choose the version you want, unzip and then load with Fractalbot.

http://archive.axefx.fr/AX8/Firmwares/

Remember to backup first and that any presets created with 10.01 will not work under previous FWs.

Back
Top Bottom