Best FRFR for the money

$799. and those have 700w you got my attention, tired of waiting for CLR wedges and the Mission Engineering cabs are way too expensive, with two of these you can blow a hole in any venue much less peel paint!

Ues 100% QSC in my wedding/club band. Touchmix board, K12s for Mains, and I use one k10 as a monitor for myself. Been using that setup for geez 5 or so years. Never had an issue. Still sounds great. The band uses in-ear for monitoring -- but I still like to have a monitor (10) -- in front of me.

Ues 100% QSC in my wedding/club band. Touchmix board, K12s for Mains, and I use one k10 as a monitor for myself. Been using that setup for geez 5 or so years. Never had an issue. Still sounds great. The band uses in-ear for monitoring -- but I still like to have a monitor (10) -- in front of me.
Yeah agree, My other Guitar player has a 10 thousand watt QSC Pa setup and when we used to practice at his studio he would hook that thing up and man I never heard a better sound in all my years with that QSC Pa, he also did the 10 monitor thing and swore by it haha I was playing a 100w Bogner at the time but not anymore haha

CLRs are expensive and out of stock, but I've heard good things about QSC, headrush and others. Looking for good quality for the money. Tia
I'm playing in a new Events band, and the other guitar player plays a Line 6 HX Stomp with a HeadRush 108 FRFR. Let me tell you! That little Headrush 108 sounds AMAZING!!! It sounds like what people are saying about the RedSound 8 & 10.. Very Loud, but not boomy. Great tone.. He has me thinking about pulling my Red sound order and getting two of those 108s (HeadRush)... They are just that good..

Last edited:
I'm playing in a new Events band, and the other guitar player plays a Line 6 HX Stomp with a HeadRush 108 FRFR. Let me tell you! That little Headrush 108 sounds AMAZING!!! It sounds like what people are saying about the RedSound 8 & 10.. Very Loud, but not boomy. Great tone.. He has me thinking about pulling my Red sound order and getting two of those 108s (HeadRush)... They are just that good..

Trust me, you can’t compare the Headrush with the Red Sound.
You should try them side by side.
That means not that the Headrush are bad.
You should try them both before judging.

I ran a pair of QSC K10s for two years before switching to Atomic CLRs. The K10s sounded better than the K12s with the Axe-FX.

Both the K10s and the K12s have a hyped-up low-frequency response, even with the onboard DSP set to "Flat." After some measurements with an Earthworks calibration mic, I found that using a 3dB rolloff beginning at about 700Hz helped to flatten the response.

Ok so had this Laney 2x12 FR for a week now and yeah Its great sounding! A Beast it is, only thing I hate is its heavy and big, but I only need it for studio so all set now, It sounds better than my last setup which consisted of Headrush 12, and 2 QSC k.2 10's and a single QSC 10"
Its way better and Im playing Metal with tight Gate stuff and the rock stuff is Huge too..

Im not talking about the 12 inch Headrush.. I’m referring about the small 8 inch headrush..
The ELIS.8 are about 200 in3 bigger compared to the 108, so they're a little bigger. That extra volume should give them a lower resonance point which is well constrained/contained, and not boomy at all.

If I put on my Sennheiser HD650 headphones, Marco Fanton's demo of them sounds very close to how my ELIS.8 sound.

The ELIS.8 are about 200 in3 bigger compared to the 108, so they're a little bigger. That extra volume should give them a lower resonance point which is well constrained/contained, and not boomy at all.

If I put on my Sennheiser HD650 headphones, Marco Fanton's demo of them sounds very close to how my ELIS.8 sound.
I love how my HD 650's sound with my FM3 patches, very Interesting to hear these 8's sound alike..

just got a pair of headrush frfr 108 today and played a little with them plugged into my fm3. wow!! got to talk to the neighbours tomorrow !! couldn't barely stop 🖖🖖

Back
Top Bottom