Votes: 8 8.7%
  • Headrush 112

Votes: 14 15.2%
  • Other

Votes: 55 59.8%

• Total voters

musicman61554

Inspired
I know there are plenty of choices with plenty of budgets.......which one would you choose. The ones I posted can be easily purchased with financing.

FRFR but more of a backline choice than a monitor. I didn't realize all in your list were configured as monitors to sit in front of you but they are.
Sorry, my bad.

For the money, the HeadRush 1 x 8.
I have the 1 X 12 & 2, 1 X 8's.
The 2, 1 x 8's put out a lot of volume!
And easier to carry than the big 1 x 12. ;)

BTW I had that QSC and did not like it one bit. Seemed very sterile.

I appreciate the feedback. I was leaning towards the QSC but am hearing a lot of mixed takes on it. Im very curious about the Headrush. I know the Friedman destroys but its 1k.......not many peeps can dish out that money.

I use a Friedman ASC12 now. But previously was using a pair of Headrush 108s. Occasionally just a Headrush 112. Had no issues with the Headrushes. Sounds great on stage (monitor or backline) and has plenty of volume. Can't beat the price IMO.

I still use an old Alto TS110a which I believe is somehow tied in to the Headrush stuff? (A Headrush is an Alto without a mic input or something?).
That Alto TS110a is more cab sounding and pleasant for guitar centric stuff then my Yamaha DXR10's which I use as mains for my PA over subs. If my Alto ever dies, which it might -- makes some strange sounds, possibly related to the fan sometimes! I would at least check out Headrush.
The DXR's are fantastic for program music and full band mixes, not super thrilled about their "smeared" mids for guitar centric stuff.

I can only comment on what I have: a pair of Line 6 L2ts. They sound great but I’m thinking of getting a pair of the Headrush 108s to save some space and weight when the L2ts are overkill or I’m using them for PA duties.

Aspen's CPS Spacestation.. Have used all and every FRFRs out there in market.
All sold out except Friedman ASC10 and Spacestation. If anyone ever use CPS,
then ordinary FRFRs look like sounds boxy transistor radio..Please give a try.

Back
Top Bottom