Best FAS Plexi - share thoughts, settings, etc. New with FW10

FPFL

Experienced
Greetings!

I'm not a warts and all, imitate the real thing guy. That to me is not progress, its stagnation.
If FAS can make a better Plexi then I want the ideal version.

I've tried this before but over the weekend am going to dial up some new FAS british crunch flavors with FW10.
I think you can get "there" with more than one FAS amp, but I'm looking for modern leaning Plexi tones, slightly tighter bass response and a bit more crunch.
Historically I love the 50W 6550 kind of sounds with a boost for solos to give you my ballpark.

Anyone care to join me on this test drive?

Be well,

Paul

I will post my preset later when home

It is a 1970 plexi w KT77s
Bias turned up a bit
Input boost type screamer on
Into an ML greenback PR75

Sorry saw you said FAS models only. I haven't played those in a while

All models are welcome!

cliff did mention we should give his models a second look with fw10 if we weren’t obsessed with modeling flaws of old designs, so I wanted to give them a close look too.

Here you go , its not the original cab I have (that is ML purchased) but this is stock mix of 57/121 on a GB, I would say this mix is slightly darker
so if you play around with the cabs you may find something you like a lot better

see what you think , this is a direct sound , so you will likely have to make changes depending on your system and listening level
but its fairly tight in the Lows and roars in the mids pretty decently

Attachments

• HOT PLEXI 70 SL.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 57
Here you go , its not the original cab I have (that is ML purchased) but this is stock mix of 57/121 on a GB, I would say this mix is slightly darker
so if you play around with the cabs you may find something you like a lot better

see what you think , this is a direct sound , so you will likely have to make changes depending on your system and listening level
but its fairly tight in the Lows and roars in the mids pretty decently

Which purchased ML did you originally use? I have most of his stuff.

Which purchased ML did you originally use? I have most of his stuff.

Its actually from the greatest hits
And i use it a lot
Is the PR75 mix his pre rola GB
Are probably my favourite for Marshalls

It was just dropped in the cab block
80 low cut
Around 11000 on the hi

If you have that one check it out
I use it with the SLO to

Its actually from the greatest hits
And i use it a lot
Is the PR75 mix his pre rola GB
Are probably my favourite for Marshalls

It was just dropped in the cab block
80 low cut
Around 11000 on the hi

If you have that one check it out
I use it with the SLO to

cool thanks I do have those.

cool thanks I do have those.

No problem let me know how it works for ya
Or maybe you can suggest a better IR
Stock

I use the greatest hits because
It sounds great
I am lazy

It has 22 different cabs if i want Marshall its there
Mesa i have like 4 or 5 choices
And i use the Zillas

I set up a totally empty preset with nothing but amp block.
FAS Crunch is where I am starting. I prefer the openness to FAS Brown, though that is a sweet sound too, it'd be more for a solo project.
Currently, I play in a two guitar band and want a little more clarity for all the harmony work we do.
With just bone stock settings it sounds good, needs tweaks but its workable. If you haven't tried it, I encourage you!

FYI - this is to a real Mesa Recto cab, so for anyone following along at home we are going English label Cel V30 speakers. : )
I am building out output2 with an IR so if the gig happens to be good with that, I can just take the XLR and be done.
Truth is, I play small places (??? -150 people) as often as not, and at those gigs, I don't get mic'd... so I want to be prepared for both.

I thought the FAS Crunch was too bright until I turned off the bright switch. I made a preset with 8 FAS amps just playin around with them. I'm stuck on FAS Class A with factory bank 1 #'s 102 & 110. With a good single coil it may surpass the Matchless Chieftan as my favorite clean.

So far I like it with the bright switch on but I did roll back the treble.

Haven’t tried patches at gig volume yet. Too late for that tonight.

Back
Top Bottom