Best expression pedal to MFC-101/AXE-FX2 ?

Hi.
Just got my MFC-101 from g66.eu. 100% satisfied !!

but....

I would be nice with some tip´s regarding expression pedal(s), like:
* Toe switch
* Spring load
* "on/off/toggle - synch" towards AXE ?

My own guess was that I should use a Mission EP1 for volume and SP1 for way/whammy
or maybe only one SP1 for volume/wah. And is Mission the the best alternative ?

I really appreciate some advice !!!

Thanx

I use 2 Boss FV-500's - and love them - they're bigger than the Mission, and also have a longer travel to them... But I do know that many people here swear by the Missions as well......

I bought a Sp1 to use as a volume and the switch to use as a boost and an EP springloaded to use as a wah / whammy pedal
works great and they look really good as well on the pedal board :)

I can highly recomend them. I bought them via eu66 totally pleased with everything I bought from them

my 2 cents fwiw
//Kenneth

I bought a Sp1 to use as a volume and the switch to use as a boost and an EP springloaded to use as a wah / whammy pedal
works great and they look really good as well on the pedal board :)

I can highly recomend them. I bought them via eu66 totally pleased with everything I bought from them

my 2 cents fwiw
//Kenneth

Ok, and I assume you use "auto engage" on wah effect, since you don't use any toe switch?
Any problem with false engagement of the wah?

Just get the mission pedal. I don't know if you really need the switch tho. Auto engage works just fine. Are you guys finding the switch handy?

I use an SP-1 for wah, I like the toe switch and starting on the treble side of the sweep.

I use a spring loaded SP-2 for other purposes, the switch allows me to control two variables although I haven't found a use for the second option yet.

I have 2 FV-500's they work great, I would like a spring loaded Mission pedal for a Wah .so you can leave the pedal in any position once your foot is off the pedal it goes to heal autooff

I switched from the mission to the boss. IMO they are the two best. I prefer the boss in every category. I wish it had a spring load option but I modded it to add a toe switch so that is how I run my wah now

I think it all comes down to personal preference. I use both!

SP-1 for wah (I've been using the GCB-90 cry-baby since forever. I'm just used to the feel of it)
The FV500H is my all in one pedal where I assign pitch, volume, rotary etc.

In my setup, the wah is the most important expression pedal - and using the FV500H for that just didn't cut it. :)

I think it all comes down to personal preference. I use both!

SP-1 for wah (I've been using the GCB-90 cry-baby since forever. I'm just used to the feel of it)
The FV500H is my all in one pedal where I assign pitch, volume, rotary etc.

In my setup, the wah is the most important expression pedal - and using the FV500H for that just didn't cut it. :)
I modded my boss pedal with the sp1's toe switch and I love it for wah

I modded my boss pedal with the sp1's toe switch and I love it for wah

Cool! I was actually looking into that a couple of days ago. Found a great guide here: Liquid-Foot Jr. - MISC: Boss FV500 Modification

But I still prefer the SP-1 for wah. Only because it looks and kind of feels like a cry-baby. But a spring and toe-switch mod on the boss would be a great option nonetheless.

Either way, both pedals are in my opinion top of the line.

Cool! I was actually looking into that a couple of days ago. Found a great guide here: Liquid-Foot Jr. - MISC: Boss FV500 Modification

But I still prefer the SP-1 for wah. Only because it looks and kind of feels like a cry-baby. But a spring and toe-switch mod on the boss would be a great option nonetheless.

Either way, both pedals are in my opinion top of the line.
Yup, got the idea from him. I ordered the switch pre wired so it took just a few min to do. I don't like cry babies. My first wah was a bad horsie. Then I used the time cry baby from hell (the only dunlop I have ever owned. sounded great but I never liked the cry baby feel). The last wah I had before using the one on the axe was the ernieball and I LOVED IT! Everything about it was perfect and it bad me think that the boss would work for controlling wah.

Thanks for all posts. It ended up buying two Mission pedals from G66. One pedal with spring load
for Wah (auto engage) and one pedal (volume) with toe switch. I use the toe switch for toggling between
Scene 1 and 2. In that way I can engage more volume/effects/EQ for soloing. Perfect!!!!
One problem though... I need to remember the state of the toe switch since there is no LED on that
Mission pedal :-(. When I change preset The state of the toe with will set the scene. For me it
would be better if the scene always was 1 when switching preset regardless of the current state of
the toe switch and in some way it only toggled between 1 and 2. I will post a question if that could be set up somehow ??

Back
Top Bottom