Best complement to Axe-Fx III

I have a FX3 + FC12 that's permanently connected to my computer. For travel and playing out I have the FM3 + FC6 with the OMG9 layout. The FM3 is periodically updated with the "performance" presets I've put together on the FX3 so they're available on both devices.

I just ordered the FM3 and the FC6. I'll most likely have the FC6 connected with the FX3 to computer and take the FM3 by itself on the go. Then if needed for a gig decide on adding FC6 and potentially even the FX3 to the mix. EV2s were out which may actually be a good thing cause I'm planning now to get the Mission SP1 to double for wah/effect and volume duty. Thanks again for the advice everyone :)

EV2s were out which may actually be a good thing cause I'm planning now to get the Mission SP1 to double for wah/effect and volume duty. Thanks again for the advice everyone :)
Sure is nice having dedicated wah and volume pedals and two expression pedals....
20200920_162326.jpg

Sure is nice having dedicated wah and volume pedals and two expression pedals....
20200920_162326.jpg

That does look like a nice setup! You may have convinced me to go for at least the separate pedals for wah and volume. I feel like one of those boards might be on my radar with just wah, volume, and FC6. This could go well under my desk and then just hook an FM3 to it for a gig. Seems like that way the board could easily transport between being used with the FM3 and FX3. These are the Temple Audio boards right? What size? What do you have the switches doing in front of the expression pedals? Effect on/off?

I picked up an FC12, but felt I didn’t really need it. Like most fantastic things, once you have it, you wonder how you managed without it. It’s amazing that something that appears so simple is so flexible. I’m having a lot of fun using it as a traditional pedalboard at the minute with a JTM45. More than paid for itself just doing that.

That does look like a nice setup! You may have convinced me to go for at least the separate pedals for wah and volume. I feel like one of those boards might be on my radar with just wah, volume, and FC6. This could go well under my desk and then just hook an FM3 to it for a gig. Seems like that way the board could easily transport between being used with the FM3 and FX3. These are the Temple Audio boards right? What size? What do you have the switches doing in front of the expression pedals? Effect on/off?
Yes, Temple Duo, custom 21".
Left board's switches do preset increment/decrement. Right board switches are CS1 and CS2, which I use a lot.

I have both the Axe FX III and the FM3, the Axe is racked in my home studio. Currently I have a nasty flu and I'm self isolated away from the family and the FM3 has been the nicest little companion ever.

FC-12 is amazing but I have learned to live with and enjoy my FC-6. I really don't want to carry a pedalboard the width of a 212 to rehearsals or gigs. We don't usually have a lot of space with 5 gents on stage. I also have an FM-3 that I use and I added a small Morningstar MC3 switcher for instant access to 3 extra FX to turn on and off. It works great at rehearsals and backs up my Axe III when playing live. If we are really space constrained, then I just use the FM-3 with my monitor.

If I was only using at home, the FC-12 would be a no brainer.

I’ve never been on a stage where the FC size difference would have changed my evening one bit. This sounds like one of those nonthings that has become an urban legend.

I’ve never been on a stage where the FC size difference would have changed my evening one bit. This sounds like one of those nonthings that has become an urban legend.
Kind of agree. An FC6-sized width isn't enough for you the player to stand in, much less move.

But I understand the feeling of not wanting your gear to be an inappropriately big deal. Hard to say where that line gets drawn in any particular situation, but I don't think it's physical.

Not an urban legend in my world. I've played on stages that wouldn't have fit an FC-12 plus the three expression pedals I use. (I also have to fit a Roland GR-55 in my stage footprint. In this bar I have to turn sideways to use it.)

IMG_2665 - 800.jpg

Last edited:
Not an urban legend in my world. I've played on stages that wouldn't have fit an FC-12 plus the three expression pedals I use. (I also have to fit a Roland GR-55 in my stage footprint. In this bar I have to turn sideways to use it.)
There maybe some of your problem.

The FC6 with an external switch to switch views - has all the functionality of the FC12 but with only half of it displayed at any one time. Im using 4 external switches with a FC6 and with two functions mapped to each switch (ie press=tuner, hold= looper) its incredibly flexible.

This 100%

Incredible versatility with the FC6 and external switching

Back
Top Bottom