Best case for Axe-Fx II XL

Calh

Hi everyone,

I recently got the Axe-Fx II XL and have been trying to get a case for it. I'm sure this is a question that has been answered many times over but I'd really appreciate help with this, as I've bought two cases and had to return them both.

I've recently been looking at Thomann cases and Gator. Any recommendation? I'd like to get a case that is protective but not super expensive if possible. And to have the possibility of holding a power conditioner.

Thank you!

Cal

I use a 3U Gator rack bag. Admittedly, i would not tour with it like that, but for light use, it works very well.

Hi everyone,

I recently got the Axe-Fx II XL and have been trying to get a case for it. I'm sure this is a question that has been answered many times over but I'd really appreciate help with this, as I've bought two cases and had to return them both.

I've recently been looking at Thomann cases and Gator. Any recommendation? I'd like to get a case that is protective but not super expensive if possible. And to have the possibility of holding a power conditioner.

Thank you!

Cal
Depends on your budget really. There's a ton of cases and different dimensions available as well as insulated shock proof cases which are a bit more pricey but you'll want that if u have others handling your beloved gear.

I have a 4 space SBK with other gear in it also...but I regret the purchase and wish that I had of bought a 2ru instead. It would be smaller and easier to transport without having to have the other gear.

I use a more amp like case from casesmithcustoms.com. I basically never move my axefx from the rehearsal space and if I do it's only a thirty minute drive home and onto the bench in the garage. I don't have lids or anything for it but I have an idea in mind to make them if I ever felt the need. I just really prefer the look and feel of having something wrapped in tolex and be as shallow as possible. I hated how hard it was to find a 16" deep rack that I liked the look of.

BTW I do have a 4 space portable one that I'm selling. It's a good one that's very transportable. Message me for pics.

I am a newbie to here and here’s my gear: Fractal Axe FX II XL, MFC 101 MKII, pair of EV 12”s is the rig. I don’t fly with the speakers as I rent them on the day.
I fly quite a bit. Can someone help me figure out the best way to fly this stuff. I haven’t flown the Fractal gear as of yet. The mfc is heavy. And I feel the Fractal is fragile. I need to check all of it on the flight as I don’t even want to carry the mfc in the carryon backpack. Molded cases? Rollers? I am thinking Pelican case for the mfc. How do you all fly with a Fractal and it’s two ton baby MFC?

I personally do not fly with my Axe FX XL+, I only fly with my AX8 as a carry one along with my guitar. But if I were to suggest a rack case it would be one of the a shock mounted case and if not one of the molded SKB cases that are great and even come with wheels and a telescoping handle for easy moving about. Other than that I would get a good spinner suitcase that you can foam the inside to protect the units.Those are my suggestions!

Back
Top Bottom