Best backing track site?

The Guitar Tricks site has song lessons, where an instructor shows you how to play the song. Accompanying the lesson is the backing track. While you can't download the backing track (the licensing fees for that would be prohibitive), you can play the backing track and record that playback. The backing tracks have versions with and without the guitar. They really do a great job on their backing tracks, with top-notch musicians and producers.

Ok, that makes sense. Do you know if the Guitar Tricks backing tracks have versions with and without vocals? or keyboards? I agree, they sound really good.

For the most part, Guitar Tricks has two versions of the backing tracks: Full version with all instruments including vocals, and the full version minus guitar. So, they usually don't have a version without vocals. I believe Karaoke-version.com generally has versions available with and without vocals when you buy the guitar version of the song.

Reactions: ESW
For the most part, Guitar Tricks has two versions of the backing tracks: Full version with all instruments including vocals, and the full version minus guitar. So, they usually don't have a version without vocals. I believe Karaoke-version.com generally has versions available with and without vocals when you buy the guitar version of the song.
The cool thing about www.karaoke-version.com is that you can set up a custom mix of the backing track. Say you want to send a backing track to a singer, you can cut out the vocal, send a track with the background vocals only, or you can send a drummer both a version with the drums in, drums out, and drums solo. They don't charge extra for multiple custom mixes.

I'm surprised Elevated Jam Tracks doesn't get any love. You can throw it up on YouTube and it'll display the scale patterns for you and you can noodle away. I find myself playing outside my normal playing styles when I let it play back to back to back and just jam to whatever comes on. It's almost like freestyling with a house band, IMO. There's some really great riffs too.

Some good examples of vary genres for free but limited as number of samples. The channel has just only drum tracks of songs.

channel: at youtube with extension "/c/drumtracksonly"

I'm surprised Elevated Jam Tracks doesn't get any love. You can throw it up on YouTube and it'll display the scale patterns for you and you can noodle away. I find myself playing outside my normal playing styles when I let it play back to back to back and just jam to whatever comes on. It's almost like freestyling with a house band, IMO. There's some really great riffs too.

+1 for Elevated Jam Tracks. I’ve been focusing a lot on bass playing lately (a hell of a lot more gig opportunities for bass players), and I’ve been having a blast just following his chord progressions, playing the root notes and adding my own embellishments and essence, creating my own bass lines.

Of course his content is great for guitar, but I find it’s great for any instrument. The fact that he displays the chord progressions as well as the scales is an added bonus.

Personally for my backing tracks I go to this site: backingtrackwanted.com

There is a large collection on offer, and you can request the title you want if it is not on the list.

The quality is top, these are backing tracks of original songs with vocals.

Back
Top Bottom