Best backing track site?

deathsilver

Inspired
Hi guys,
Hearing tons of amazing sounding Axe tracks on original sounding backing tracks all over this forum. Where 's the best place to get them for free or not? Mostly looking for classic rock songs with amazing guitar tracks I could play (e.g. Pink Floyd, G&R, Led Zeppelin, Dire Straits, Hendrix, etc...).
Cheers,

I've had great luck with a program called Vuze...
Download the program(it's free)...then search for Rockband Mogg files...
The file is huge (4-5 gigs)...but it excludes all original master tracks in multitrack format.
You can use Audacity(it's free) to open the .mogg files and you can mute guitar tracks...or any other tracks you wish!!! Tracks range from Kiss to Rush to Boston and Kansas to Rage Against The Machine and Judas Priest and Maiden and Van Halen!!!!!
Best of all...it's the original master tracks!!!!!
Good luck

What about paid backing tracks? You get what you pay for. Free can cost you a lot of money in time wasted. I'm looking for high quality tracks without messing around with Vuze.

What about paid backing tracks? You get what you pay for. Free can cost you a lot of money in time wasted. I'm looking for high quality tracks without messing around with Vuze.

That would be Jammit | The Ultimate Music Platform ! You get the original backing track with vocals, isolated guitar track & accurate scrolling tab for $1.99-$5.99 (most are$3.99)

Having said that Free Guitar Backing Tracks @ GuitarBackingTrack.com has a ton of original backing tracks with vocals ripped from the Guitar Hero/Rockband games in good quality for free posted on their site that you can download.

I've had great luck with a program called Vuze...
Download the program(it's free)...then search for Rockband Mogg files...
The file is huge (4-5 gigs)...but it excludes all original master tracks in multitrack format.
You can use Audacity(it's free) to open the .mogg files and you can mute guitar tracks...or any other tracks you wish!!! Tracks range from Kiss to Rush to Boston and Kansas to Rage Against The Machine and Judas Priest and Maiden and Van Halen!!!!!
Best of all...it's the original master tracks!!!!!
Good luck

This is also illegal!

This is also illegal!

So is guitarbackingtrack but nobody seems to have a problem with this site. No different than a torrent site. Do you think the artists &/or Guitar Hero/Rockband have given permission for the original master backing tracks to be on there? Don't think so.......

If you download tracks from this site then you might as well be using a torrent site. No difference....

I have no problem with this site, but I'm not the one complaining about what's illegal or not...

Last edited:
WoW! Ask and ye shall receive!

Thanks for all of the links and ideas Gang. Much appreciated!

I was watching my guitar teacher play a gig last night. He has recorded his own backing tracks using midi, Cubase, a midi guitar and keyboard for control of other instruments. Over the years he has created a thousand tracks to perform with. He sounded great! A one man band in a box. No other band mate head games going on there. He was using VST guitar sounds but I would prefer control of my guitars via Axe FX II.

Backing tracks would save me tons of work up front but long term I would want my own recordings and control over the sound.

Thanks again Mates!

It's not exactly "free" because the way it works, but... "Literecords".8)

Thank me later.:lol
Anything that is available in Multitrack, you'll find there.

Want the full 16 track Freebird?
Full 24 track Boston?

Enormous collection.

Seriously. Go no further than there.

Back
Top Bottom